Ishan's turn (or not)

"No shubi, I am not doing this." Ishan nods his head like he has a child crying for his favourite cartoon.

It was evening and Shubman had ranted to Ishan about how he was so courageous when he talked to Virat bhai after the practice. Ishan, sitting on the couch with a bag of chips, was trying to process what Shubman was proposing.

"I thought you were talking to Rohit bhaiya today, Just like I did with Virat bhai."

"I wanted to, I was so close," Ishan replied.

"Then what happened? It's going to be easy. You will feel a lot better. I don't know if it's going to make a change but a load will be off your shoulders." Shubman tries explaining to a stubborn Ishan.

Shubman saw a variety of Ishan's and he would be too in love to say that he loved every trait of him.

But he was in love, Every feature of Ishan was endearing to him. The way Ishan's nose scrunched up when he was thinking deeply, the way his eyes sparkled when he looked at something he liked, the way his hair was always dishevelled cutely, the way he jumped up and down in joy, the way he would shout at him when he was angry, the way he would have a frown and a small pout-Shubman found it all sickly captivating.

Shubman was sickly in love but he never wanted to get out of it, because every moment he spent with Ishan was not easy to comprehend and made him feel giddy, have those butterflies, make him want to take all the wrath of the world; in a positive way.

"I do want to talk to Rohit bhaiya, He would try to understand although he won't at the beginning. But, I'm lost. I don't know what to say to him."

"Since when were you scared of talking to Rohit bhaiya about how you feel?"

"It's not that I'm scared-" Ishan was cut off by a soft pair of lips on his frowny forehead. The redness slowly crept through Ishan's neck and he looked down shy.

"Look, sweetheart, It's Rohit bhaiya. You're his favourite, I mean after Shreyas bhai. No wait, That is not going to help you feel better."

"Stop talking," Ishan warned with a grim stare.

"Sweetheart, he called me sweetheart. am I hearing things right?"

"Did I just say that aloud?"

"I'm certain you did," Shubman replies with a slight smirk and a little wink.

Shubman grinned mischievously, "Sweetheart, I like it. Maybe I'll call you that more often or do you like darling better?" 

"Oh, whatever," Ishan was sure his cheeks turned redder.

Shubman chuckled at Ishan's adorable embarrassment. "I'll take that as a maybe for 'darling.' Now, seriously, back to the Rohit bhaiya conversation."

"Look Ishu, It's him. You have always told him about everything. Maybe, you'll feel free that people are accepting us or at least trying to."

"I'll talk to him tomorrow but not to feel free, It's because I truly want him to know. And, I don't care about what people think anymore. I like it when it's us, I love your company. Look, Shub, it's not about the people anymore for me."

"Oh," Shubman tried to stay with a straight face.

"Oh is my darling all flustered now? Just because I told him I love the company?" Ishan smirked getting back to Shubman for the teasing.

Ishan wasn't an easy man.

"Alright, you win this round. But seriously, Ishu, I'm glad you want to talk to Rohit bhaiya. It's an important step, and you won't regret it."

"I've always wanted to talk to him, I guess I just needed a push. Thanks, Shubi."

"No don't say thank you, We've never said thank you's or sorries."

"Yeah, you're right. No, thank you's or sorries. Just us being us,"

Ishan swatted his hand away, a mock glare on his face. "You're such a child, Shubi."

"And, you love it," Shubman replies earning a playful whine from Ishan.

"I guess I'm just stuck with you, you are a big goof, and I love you." Ishan covered his mouth almost immediately after he said that.

Couldn't have been more direct.

Shubman who was sitting on his chair almost fell, and the water he was drinking came out as a fountain as he spit it shook. His eyes widened as large as a human eye could.

"What did you just say? No, repeat what you said." Shubman, now said getting up from the floor.

"Um, I said you lost your brain powers and you have been hearing stuff." Ishan tried to hide himself behind the curtains.

"No, I know about that. I just want to know what I heard again, Mr. Kishan."

Ishan, still attempting to evade the situation, peeked out from behind the curtain. "Oh, come on, Shubi, it was nothing. Just me rambling, you know how I am."

"Nope, you don't get away with that. You said something, and I want to hear it again." 

Ishan, feeling a mix of nervousness and amusement, sighed. "Fine, fine. I said... I love you. Happy now?"

Shubman's face lit up with his smile that could light up any world. "Ecstatic! Say it again, please."

Ishan, now fully visible from behind the curtain, rolled his eyes but couldn't suppress a grin. "I love you, okay? Now, can we move on and not make a big deal out of it?"

Shubman, still beaming, approached Ishan and pulled him into a warm embrace. "No way, Ishu. This is a big deal, and I'm going to revel in it. I love you too!"

"Didn't that take us quite long?" Ishan says as he falls back onto the cushion on his back.

"Yeah, Could have done it sooner. Didn't expect it to happen this way though. We were talking about Rohit bhaiya and how you would tell him about everything."

"Yeah, I really could have done it better."

"Well, I was planning on confessing when we're stargazing and we're just talking about how life is amazing and how everyone, even the media is so supportive of us."

"Mr. Gill you sure have big dreams because that is not happening in this lifetime."

"Which part of it are you exactly talking about?" Shubman says as he comes to the cushions and holds Ishan in his embrace caressing his cheeks.

"You'll know, But, let's just be in the moment."

"Oh yeah, I love doing that," Shubman says as he holds Ishan closer to him and tickles him.

"DINNER'S READY!" Rohit shouts and the whole building hears it.

"Oh it's already night." Shubman rather says that in a disappointing voice.