Ishan's turn (no turning backs)

"Bhaiya, Uh- I-" Ishan spoke nervously as he was clearing his throat and sweating tons. It was the day after Shubman told him to speak about his feelings to Rohit and just a few more months before the World Cup.

"It's okay, I know what you're going to tell me." Rohit nodded monitoring the practice ground.

"You do? So I don't have to tell you-"

"SHREYAS, Easy there. I don't want you to injure your shoulder before the important event." Rohit shouts as he startles Ishan who is right beside him; already nervous.

"So, I'll get back to practising-" Ishan voiced out just to get startled again.

"HARRY, look out at the juniors AND, DON'T hurt yourself. I've got the perfect team and I don't want anyone out of this."

"COME ON, Ro. You can trust me on this. I'll make sure no one does anything out of their limits." Virat speaks back whining about how this was supposed to be his position.

"Virat, I'd like it if you do nothing and get back to practising. I remember you and Jaddu had the whole team playing cards in the practice ground." Rohit spoke with a sickly sweet smile that said 'no'.

"Alright, it was just one time. I was the captain once too. And, I understand the seriousness of the practice and this game. But, These guys deserve a break sometimes. Ro, If you're thinking what I'm thinking, No, sleeping isn't the relaxation these people would like."

"So, you're saying that you're going to let them use the practice ground as a club?" Rohit asked as his eyebrows quirked up.

"No, I'm not going to do that. It's the World Cup, Ro. Calm down, Everything will go well. These are our guys."

"I'm not freaking out, I am not freaking out." Rohit kept mumbling it as he came closer to clutch onto Virat.

"Breathe, Ro. I'm here. I'll handle everything. Don't make Ishan panic and go to him with a fresh mind to listen. And, my Rahuliya's there. We both manage everything quite well." Virat says as he moves his hand up and down Rohit's back who is now in a very weird hugging position.

"Not with that nickname again. Virat, I hate you when you call me that" Rahul utters as he laps around the ground as soon as possible to check up on Rohit.

"I know you love me too much. You just hate to show that you love me. But, I have to remember the time you were whining to Rohit about-" Rohit shoots his head up and covers Virat's mouth.

"Uh huh, Rohit bhai, Let's talk about that thing later. Are you okay?" 

"Yes, I am. Thanks for being there. It means a lot. I know I'm supposed to be the one handling all this but sometimes it just gets hard and-"

"Ro, You're mumbling," Virat says with a slight smile of adoration and understanding.

"Let him talk," Rahul says slapping Virat's shoulder to shut him up.

"When have we agreed on anything?" Virat asks with all the curiosity left in Einstein's brain, that could have been a lot.

"Alright, It's fine. We're always there. I'm not saying that it's going to get better or that everything is going to be fine because that's not the truth."

"We're just saying that we'll be right here, even when anything's wrong, even when the world is against you, We'll always be together with you." Virat and Rahul say it in unison and join in for a group hug with Rohit.

"Oh god, That felt nice. Thank you guys. And, SHUB- You've got to stop getting yourself hit in the leg. Those cramps before the World Cup won't help anyone here."