together, we are imperishable.

Shubman banged on the door as loud as possible desperate for an answer. Ishan, No matter what happens never lock the door. What was it that was so important?

"Ishaaan" 

"Ishan, open the damn door. I'm freezing here." Shubman said trying to lie to Ishan to convince him to open the door.

"Shubman, It's literally scorching hot," Ishan says, his voice still weary due to the crying but managing a small smile.

"Oh yeah, well open the door. I am sweating heavily." Shubman says facepalming at his stupidity.

Ishan couldn't help but chuckle at Shubman's attempt to deceive him. Wiping away the traces of tears from his face, he approached the door, unlocked it, and swung it open. Shubman stood there, feigning exhaustion and wiping imaginary sweat from his forehead.

"Ish, you won't believe the heat out there, I could melt-    Are you okay? Ishan, What happened?" Shubman asked immediately with concern-filled eyes.

 Seeing Ishan like that, with messy hair, tear-stained cheeks,  and bitten nails. Shubman felt his heart drop to his stomach, He never wanted to see Ishan cry ever again. it was a painful sight.

"Close the door shub." Shubman needn't hear more, he bolted to the door and locked it.

"Ish, breathe. I'm there for you. Come on look at me" Shubman tried to break away Ishan from an anxiety attack.

"Water."

"You want water? Yeah, one second." 

Shubman rushed to get a glass of water for Ishan. He quickly filled it and returned to Ishan, who was now sitting on the bed, trying to regain control over his breathing.

"Here, Ish," Shubman handed the glass to him. Ishan took it with trembling hands, taking small sips to soothe his parched throat.

"Thanks, Shub," Ishan managed to say between sips. Shubman sat down beside him, waiting for Ishan to speak when he was ready.

"Shub, I talked to bhaiya about us. He was so disgusted with me, that I felt like I had failed my family, the society. I feel like I have failed you Shubi." He spoke, as he closed his eyes expecting the worst reaction, a reaction that was going to break him.

"Ishan, open your eyes" Shubman commanded sternly.

"Ishan, Open your eyes. GODDAMNIT." Ishan flinched at the noise and immediately opened his eyes.

Shubman had a soft gaze that understood ishan's pain, Ishan's eyes were full of pain that tore his heart. 

is he going to kiss me?

"I'm sorry, I don't know. I don't feel like living anymore."

"Ishu, please don't ever say that. I do not know what I'll have to do if you aren't there with me. And, you're not failing anyone. It takes time for people to accept the reality."

"Will you accept me shubi? Will you be in love with me no matter what?"

"Ishan, Are you doubting my love for you?"

"No it's not like that, I just wanted to-" Ishan tried to justify himself as he was cut off,

"Ish, Whatever state you are in, I'd always fall in love with you. I don't have any other choice to make, You are my only choice."

"I think I'm falling deeper for you"Ishan mumbles looking at shubman as if he's at a staring contest.

"Do you know when I realised my feelings for you? It was way before anyone could even imagine. it was the day I got rejected by Sara, I realised that you were my everything and I would trade nothing for you. You mean so much more than I mean to you. I would die if something would happen to you." 

Shubman poured his heart out. It was a moment of vulnerability that tied them together even more deeply. Ishan's eyes softened, and a small, genuine smile played on his lips.

"Shubi, I don't want to lose you either. And hearing you say that, means everything to me," Ishan confessed, his voice a whisper filled with gratitude.

Shubman reached out, gently cupping Ishan's face in his hands. "You won't lose me, Ish. I promise you that. No matter what we face, we face it together."

Ishan leaned into Shubman's touch, feeling the warmth and reassurance that Shubman offered. As their foreheads touched each other, the world had given up. 

The world gave up because two lovers always find a way to each other. But, only if the problem was between them, things would have been better, right?

 "I'm so scared Shubi, every second I'll have to live with the guilt."

"I'm scared too, it's not easy on me either. But, we will have to show the world that our love is worth it, We have to prove the world wrong. We can't give in to society and follow the "natural" norms. We can't do that, I'll lose myself in the process, I'll lose you. 

"I love you so much Shubi, I love you and I think it will be worth fighting against the world. And, who are you to decide that you love me more?"

"Let's have a competition, "kaun karta zyada pyaar"

"You weirdo." Ishan laughs his heart out smacking Shubman's head from behind.

"Shubi," Ishan whispered, "promise me that, no matter what happens, we won't let the world tear us apart."

Shubman looked into Ishan's eyes with unwavering determination. "I promise, Ish. We'll weather the storms, and we'll come out stronger. Our love will be our anchor."

"Together, we are indestructible. We'll always be together" Ishan said uncertainty lingering in his voice.

"If I had to think of it, I'd pick you a million times," Shubman says as Ishan slowly falls asleep tired on his lap. Shubman smiled to himself and wrapped himself around him. Who cares about missing practice?

Virat bhai was very understanding, He would convince Rohit bhai, right?

The world may not have been ready for them, but Shubman and Ishan were ready for the world, ready to rewrite the rules and prove that love knows no boundaries.

But was Ishan actually ready? How was he going to live with the tremors and the poison that his brother had fed him? How will he react when his parents come to know?