faceless relationship

The night continued with the bonfire, and the team gathered around, sharing stories and laughter under the starlit sky. Rahul's puppy eyes and Ritika's determined stance had convinced Rohit, and the bonfire became the perfect backdrop for the team to unwind.

As the bonfire crackled, stories flowed. 

"Do you remember Kul from the first day Ro?" Virat asked reminiscing about the good old days that would bring happy tears to anyone in the team.

"Of course, He was so close to pissing in his pants. The first friend he made was yuzi."

"Share your scariest moments in cricket bhaiya" Siraj pleaded as he listened to their moments without blinking. 

"Once, I almost dropped the trophy."

"Jaddu did that. Yeah," Virat says assuring the juniors.

"That night after we won the cup, It was a hell of a ride, What a wild night we had" Rohit speaks.

"Wait bhai, You were wild? You're definitely lying, right?" 

"Well, Your Rohit bhai wasn't always this boring you know?" Ash utters in a state of daze. Those days when all of them were juniors, they were interesting.

"Mahi bhai was the only one who took care of us, We were all reckless teenagers a few years back. We were like you juniors, Indeed more notorious than you guys." Jaddu says smiling at the latter.

Ishan and Shubman were sitting next to each other and were immersed in their team's conversations until Shubman clung to ishan's arms and laid on his shoulders. Ishan felt hotter than sitting right in front of the bonfire. He felt flustered all of a sudden.

"Feeling the heat ish?" Hardik says with a  playful smile beaming on his face.

"Yes, I mean no" Ishan falters.

"It's just the warmth of friendship Hardik bhai," Shubman says smiling, His dimples on display.

Yeah, and Ishan convinced himself that he would stop loving this man. it was as impossible as turning wine into water. Every year, Every month, Every day, Every hour, Every minute, Every second, He fell deeper for Shubman. 

shubman, shubman, shubman. 

His heart also pumped due to that name, he lived for him. he loved him, and words weren't forming in his mind whenever he thought of him. He felt like he was high whenever shubman was around him.

Shubman kept glancing towards Ishan to make sure he was fine, 

Ishan meant a lot to him. He would not trade Ishan for anyone in this world and that was a fact. Shubman thought his head off about what Ishan had told him on that day on the terrace, under the starlit sky.

"I find myself looking at you differently, thinking about you in ways I shouldn't. It's confusing, and I don't know how to handle it," What did Ishan mean when he said those words? Why was Shubman working his head off?

Time passed, the sky became darker and everyone left to their rooms to take a few hours of rest before they go on their next adventure tomorrow.

Shubman, Ishan, Shreyas and Siraj were the only ones around the bonfire.

"It's getting cold, we'll get going" Shreyas announced getting up from his chair.

Siraj looked at the remaining two, "You guys coming or planning to have a cosy night by the fire?"

Ishan chuckled nervously, "Nah, we'll catch up in a bit. Enjoy your beauty sleep, Shreyas." Siraj and shreyas left to their respective rooms leaving the love-blinded duo alone.