realisation struck

"Niyati, I'm not going to be apologising for serving my country, I don't have to be."

"But, Ishan you were supposed to call me," Niyati replies in a sad tone. She didn't want to fight with Ishan. She just wanted to sort things out.

"Why don't you understand Niyu, I've tried but I had to go to practice."  Why was Ishan still not able to drop the nicknames?

"No one practices the whole day, stop making excuses. Couldn't you make up two minutes of your time to talk to me? I'm not asking you for too much. Just two minutes a day, is it too much to ask for?" Niyati says almost shouting as she loses her patience.

Sure; she loves Ishan but him not giving importance to her in life. She wasn't going to accept this. She knew she deserved better than this.

"I've had enough of this. When you realise what you're losing, you can give me a call" Ishan says in a sarcastic tone.

"As if I'll require toxicity in my life." Niyati scoffs as tears dwell up in her eyes. Her tone sounded sarcastic but her heart needed to cry, What was their love for 4 years now?

Was it just a mere time pass for Ishan? Niyati wanted to cry physically too, but her heart was loud enough.

Ishan hung up the call and threw the phone. For sure the Nokia phone didn't break as much as ishan's heart broke.

Ishan was in his room, thankfully. He cried, He wept. It hurt him so much. Why did he always mess things up with the people he wanted to cherish forever. 

Niyati was often referred to as a dream girl by those who knew her, possessed an ethereal beauty that seemed to capture the essence of both grace and charm. Her eyes held a depth that could unravel the mysteries of the universe, reflecting a kindness that radiated from within. Long, flowing locks framed a face that exuded warmth, and her smile could brighten the darkest corners of any room. 

Beyond her physical attributes, Niyati's personality was truly enchanting. That is what made Ishan fall, Harder than ever. Ishan thought that there was no going back. There was no way he would fall for any other person after this heartbreak. 

"Ishu, we have a break today. Shall we go out and watch a movie?" Shubman asks entering their room. He was beaming with joy until he saw Ishan sitting in the corner of the room with his phone thrown to the other side. That sight was as painful as getting your toe stuck to the door.

"Ishu, What the hell happened?" Shubman asks worry plastered on his face. He frowned as hard as possible, He definitely didn't like Ishan being sad, let alone him crying.

"Niyu- She- "

"It's okay, calm down first," Shubman says taking Ishan into his arms. Ishan sobs louder into his t-shirt.

"Bubba, I'm here. Everything will be fine. Calm down for me"

"Niyati, I think everything is over between us. Stupid me, I love her so much yet I couldn't take out time for her. I understand why she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. It's all my mistake" Ishan now says calming down.

"Ishu, it's okay. I know I can't imagine your pain right now but everything will be fine. I'm always there for you. We will get through this like always, Like we always do"

"Hopefully"

"Why hopes, when your Shubi is here," Shubman says playfully to lighten the mood. Shubman knew Ishan better than anyone in this world. And he knew that all Ishan wanted to do right now was forget about what just happened. That was his coping mechanism.

No,

Shubi was his coping mechanism. Ishan chuckled and shubman smiled back. Shubman had big plans made after his big debut with Ishan but, this was better.

Cuddling him like every day, talking for hours about nothingness. Everything was normal. 

And maybe, Just maybe.

Ishan thought that breaking up with Niyati wasn't really a bad idea;

Because, if niyati can light up even the deepest corners of the room,

Shubman lit his whole world up. 

"You're staring ishu," Shubi says smiling. Oh gosh, His smile was something Ishan would die for.

Shit, was I just staring at Shubi? Ishan thought.

Whatever, Ishan was lucky that he had a best friend like shubman.

But a bold realisation struck, 

Shubman was a really attractive man, and Ishan thought there was no way he could get back from this thought.

Thank you for reading, make sure to leave your thoughts in the comments! Those comments are what motivate me to write more. Thank you again.

Have a nice day/night.