He who belongs here, but left too soon.

Rohit and Ishan came back to the practice ground. The sun was just about to set and it was a beautiful evening. Rohit felt a rush of pride as he watched all his people work hard for their dream, that big milestone; the World Cup.

Virat nudged Rahul, whispering, "Something's up. Did they plan a surprise party without us?"

Rahul chuckled. "Knowing Rohit, it's probably a surprise strategy meeting. He loves those."

"Shut up, I'm not that boring," Rohit rolls his eyes calmly.

"Oh, of course not," Jaddu said as he wrapped his arms around Shubman who was standing there not knowing what was happening.

"What do you think so shubi? Ro should give us all a break, right? Tell him, how hard we've been working." Virat suggested with a notorious smile. He was sure Shubman would support him, Shubman was a puppy wagging his tail for Virat; Ishan would have been disappointed if he wasn't on the list of people shubman was whipped for but he was sure now.

Ishan smiled to himself and watched another mundane 'drama' unfold.

"Bhaiya, Uh, I don't know what to say," Shubman said as he let out a chuckle of horror. He could pee in there.

"Come on, boys, no need for a break just yet. We've got a World Cup to win, not a party to plan." Rohit said seriously as all the other players started to grab their kits and get back to their rooms.

Virat, undeterred, continued to playfully pester Shubman. "Oh, Shubi, don't act all innocent. You know you'd love a break. Tell Ro, we need some time off."

"I don't know. I'm not sure. I'll just go fresh up and you can ask Jaddu Bhai. He always has the best answers planned and also can change his Jamnagar stories according to the situation" Shubman says catching Jadeja off-guard as he gets a rougher arm hug.

"Come on, Tell them your opinion Shubi. No one will mind." Jadeja replies with a quick remark as he pinches Shubman's elbow.

"Owh, Owh. Stop it jaddu bhai." Shubman winced in pain.

"Pinch him harder for me Jaddu bhai," Siraj says equally enjoying Shubi getting pinched. That was his revenge for taking his last panner from the dinner yesterday.

Just then, the atmosphere on the field started to change as Mahi came in with his usually calm smile that made even the biggest of havocs calm down. That was his energy; He was the only one who could calm a panic-stricken Rohit.

"Bhaiya, I- How? I missed you so much. It's such a great surprise," Rohit Hugs Mahi and almost starts tearing up. Oh, how he missed this.

"Looks like you aren't letting my kids have fun, I let you guys have fun all the time, This isn't fair to them, Look at their tired faces." Mahi bhai says pointing at everyone who switched their laughter to an exhausted facade.

"How- How are you here? Bhaiya, you shouldn't be here right?" 

"You don't want me to be here?" 

"Of course, I want you here Mahi bhai. It's just I'm just very surprised."

Virat, Jadeja, Rahul, Hardik and theoretically everyone smirked and had a smile that radiated joy.

"Well, sometimes, even the captain needs guidance from the old guard," Dhoni spoke with longing for the team dynamics, for the brotherhood of the team, for his kids.

He missed them a lot, too.

"I still don't believe how you would drop in."

"Jaddu had to pull his favouritism strings here, He used a lot of blackmail," Kuldeep said as he covered his mouth realising he had just dropped out the big secret.