Momentum in making

15th February 1990

It was the day after Valentine, Shubman woke up from his deep slumber in Ishan's room. Obviously.

As soon as he awoke, he heard Sky Bhai loudly calling for practice. 

Shit, it was already 7 a.m.

"Ishaaaaaaaaaaan, Waaaaaaaake up" Shubman shouts near his ears. 

All were gathered to the practice ground, But it would be right only if Ishan kicked Shubman a few times for the tender"wake up".  and, let's not talk about that.

"Shubi, Why're you limping? Are you okay, will you be able to play during the next match?" Rohit bhai asked concern. this test series was important for him and the whole team. 

but what's the series if the team isn't complete?

"No bhai, I can play" Shubman says with confidence and then glares at Ishan who now has an apologetic look.

"You take rest for the day, let's replace you till you're fine," Hardik Pandya advises, Concern and worry were evident in everyone's face.

Little did they know, that this wouldn't stop Shubman from playing.

After all, it was his first match under team India. His first ODI. It meant a lot to every one of them. Shubman didn't blame Ishan; his legs didn't hurt as much as everyone was exaggerating. 

They physically hit each other practically forever, This wasn't a huge issue to worry about. 

"Bhaiya, it's a huge day tomorrow. Look I'm perfectly fine." Shubman says standing as straight as possible. The slouching and under-confident guy was long lost, And it was all because of the support.

of his team,

his dad

his Ishan.

"Finally baccha, You're playing your first match" Virat bhai came up to him as everyone started practicing. He remember how nervous he used to get around him, Oh gosh.

He was so in love with his Virat bhai. Virat meant only one thing to him.

his everything. That is besides a few people. He has come this far only because he once watched Virat play. Since then he has mad crazy about cricket.

"Bhaiya, you do not know how scared I am. I am so scared I'll ruin everything and it's just going to be the first time. what if I mess up stuff and I am removed? Indians won't like me."

"I hate to say this but can you plaster his mouth so he can practice?" Says Rishabh from the side who just came running around the ground.

"I'd like to suggest the same." Now said Ishan who was panting from all the running. 

"Isn't it unfair how he gets to rest because he was limping for a few seconds?" Ishan whined about it.

"It's not like I gave it to myself" Shubman spoke sarcastically and chuckled.

"GET BACK TO PRACTICE" Rohit bhai shouts from the other side and everyone runs.

Mad Rohit bhai was always scary. Even Virat was scared when he was mad.

After 3 hours of practice which seemed like years, it finally came to an end.  Before Ishan could grab Shubi away,

Virat bhai went like this:

"let me have him for some time, I want to confront him." He genuinely looked serious about this, he always joked around but, both Shubi and Virat bhai needed to talk it out. Shubman needed to feel better, it's a big day. and the only person who could do that right now was Virat bhai, also a cuddling session with Ishan would make him feel 1000 times better.

Their first match was with Australia.

Tomorrow's match was momentous.

"Now I miss mahi bhai" Jaddu said after he sat down. He remembered his good old times with him. It was just a few years ago, All of them,

Mahi bhai, Rohit, virat, himself, Shami, rahane, dhawan,Ash,binny were together. But now a few retired, few were out of the squad. 

He truly missed all of them who left. especially Mahi bhai, he meant a lot to him. He was here; playing partly due to his assistance.

but this was good too,

it was like nostalgia,

his old normal. 

 Cricket and the team were the two things he loved the most, and he always felt at home with them, even if the team changed a million times.

Hi, thank you so much for reading! I'm not sure if I'm up to the mark with my writing as I've started recently but I'm having so much fun writing this, I hope that you're equally enjoying reading it! 

Happy Dhanteras!