Midnight feels

The two friends quietly made their way to the terrace, the night air crisp and refreshing. They found a deserted corner, away from the judgemental eyes of the world. The city lights glimmered below, providing a serene backdrop to their thoughts.

Shubman could sense the confusion in Ishan's eyes, the unspoken weight that hung in the air. He waited patiently, knowing that sometimes the best support was offered in silence.

Ishan took a deep breath, trying to steady his emotions. "Shubi, I don't know what's happening to me. After the breakup, everything feels... different."

Shubman placed a reassuring hand on Ishan's shoulder, "It's okay, Ishu. Breakups are tough, and it takes time to heal."

Ishan nodded, "But, Shubi, it's not just about the breakup. I've been having these thoughts... thoughts I never thought I would have."

Shubman looked at him with understanding eyes, encouraging him to continue.

"I find myself looking at you differently, thinking about you in ways I shouldn't. It's confusing, and I don't know how to handle it," Ishan admitted, giving in to his thoughts. He felt more pathetic now that he had started talking about it. But since he started, he couldn't stop.

For both of them, these thoughts were difficult to process. The sudden confession from Ishan made shubman feel like a bad friend. He didn't know what kind of thoughts they were and he didn't want to force them out as well. He was weirded out too but he just brushed it off thinking that this would go away.

Shubman thought that this was because of the sudden breakup and that Ishan would be back to normal. He took some time to process the words and replied,

 "Ishan, it's okay to feel confused. Emotions are complicated, and sometimes they don't follow a logical path. But remember, you don't have to figure everything out right away. Take your time."

Ishan looked at Shubman, half-expecting judgment or shock, but instead, he found a friend who accepted him without reservation. Or at least he thought so.

"Shubi, I don't want to lose you as a friend. You mean the world to me," Ishan confessed, his voice breaking.

Shubman pulled Ishan into a comforting hug, "You won't lose me, Ishu. We're friends, and that's what matters most. Whatever you're going through, we'll face it together." 

Lies

Plain blind lies.

Shubman knew he was going to have a hard time accepting the truth, he always does. He was still mourning over Sara rejecting him, how was he going to deal with ishan's emotions now? Ishan would forget about what's bothering him, how can he?

If Ishan was worst at coping, shubman was worser.

He did want to be there for Ishan but, His thoughts were as messed up as ishan's were. Shubman had terrible thoughts of having to let go of Ishan, His best friend.

As the two friends stood on the terrace, a heavy silence lingered between them. Shubman's mind raced, trying to process Ishan's unexpected confession. He had just reassured Ishan that their friendship would endure, but deep down, he couldn't shake off the discomfort and confusion that the revelation had brought.

The city lights continued to twinkle below, unaware of the emotional turbulence being revealed on the terrace. Shubman withdrew from the hug, trying to maintain a supportive expression. "I appreciate your honesty, Ishu. We'll get through this, as friends," he said, trying to convince himself as much as Ishan.

Friend, yes. Shubman was ishan's friend. It was ishan's fault to think of Shubi like that.

Ishan's eyes searched Shubman's face for any signs of discomfort or rejection. The air, once crisp and refreshing, now felt charged with unspoken tension. "Thank you, Shubi," Ishan whispered, grateful for Shubman's acceptance, even if it was tinged with uncertainty.

Ishan was here for fresh air,

But why? 

Why did he feel so suffocated?

As they were hanging back on the terrace, the weight of unspoken truths threatened to cast a shadow on their friendship. Even so, that didn't have to affect them on the serene rooftop.

"The city is so exquisite at night, I can't explain how much I could write about its beauty" Shubman says as his eyes twinkle at the sight. Every conflict was forgotten, He trusted Ishan. He knew they would still be friends no matter what. Just like, Virat bhai and Rohit bhai. They will always stick together.

Ishan brushed off all his unnecessary thoughts, 

Exquisite. Yes, that's exactly how Shubman looked. Extremely beautiful and delicate. The way his eyes glimmered, how his lips moved, his comforting hug. Every little thing seemed to be affecting Ishan in every huge way possible. 

Although Shubman was stunning with words, 

People who were in love were without a doubt, better poets than the best ones of all. 

And, Ishan was in love. Only, if he was ready to accept the truth...

Hope that makes it clear, I know there's more to this. But the story is set in 90's so it will take them lots of time to even know that there's a thing where you can fall in love with ANYONE. 

Hope you had a good time reading. Stay connected! Good day/night