Finale

Word Count: 662

Originally Finished: 08/20/2022

Rating: General

Warnings: N/A

Characters: Luz Noceda, Amity Blight, Eda Clawthorne, Camila Noceda

Relationships: Amity Blight/Luz Noceda

Other Tags: Angst, Feels

Summary: With the Collector defeated, it's time for the show to come to a close.

Panting with exhaustion, King lay back, finally managing to get The Collector back inside the mirror.

They did it. They won.

But, all was not over yet.

The head was still unstable from all the damage The Collector did and especially after the fight, it was a matter of minutes before it all collapsed.

"Alright everyone!" Eda called out to the group, "Let's move out before we get crushed!"

Everyone started rushing towards the exit, happy to have won but waiting on celebrating until they were all out safely.

Amity was just about to leave when she looked back and noticed Luz standing in front of the portal, fixed and reassembled by The Collector, but soon to be buried under the head.

"Luz! Come on! We have to get out of here!" She yelled, making Eda notice she wasn't leaving too.

"Kid! We gotta go!"

"I-I can't just leave." Luz cried, tearing up, "I could never build a portal. This is my best chance of going back home!"

Eda and Amity both went over to where Luz was standing.

"Kid, you'll figure it out. You have plenty of time. We'll make a new portal. One we can use whenever you you don't have to be gone forever." Eda tried reasoning.

"No. You don't know that. It took Phillip who knows how long to make a working portal. I promised my mom I would go home!"

The portal room rumbled and the ceiling started to shake. Loose pieces started to fall near the portal.

"Luz, we don't have much time. Come on." Amity begged, tears starting to well up.

"I can't leave my mom alone." Luz sorrowfully said, "I'm all she has left of dad. It would kill her for me to be gone for Titan knows how long. And Vee! She needs me!"

"I need you to, Luz!" Amity screamed, sad anger flowing through her.

"Kid, please don't go. Us weirdos have to stick together." Eda pleaded.

Luz looked at the portal, then back at Eda and Amity.

"Not this time. Thank you for everything Eda. I love you mi tomate."

Luz took Amity's face and gave her one last kiss. Quickly, she grabbed the palisman egg out from her pocket and stuck it in Amity's hands.

"Take care of them for me." She said with a faint smile, "Can't be running around the human realm with a staff."

She turned around and leaped through the portal before Amity or Eda could stop her. Just as she hit the other side, a falling piece of the head crashed onto the portal. Destroying it for good.

With tears in their eyes, Amity and Eda ran out of the head as fast as they could. When they made it out, everyone was standing there. They had been waiting to make sure everyone got out okay.

"We did it!" Gus cheered, sending a roar of clapping through the small crowd.

Everyone was ecstatic. Until Hunter noticed Eda and Amity's faces. And that they were one person short.

"Where's Luz?"

The second he said that everyone quieted down, they as well realizing her absence.

With tears flowing down her face, Amity sorrowfully looked up to the sky, trying to crack a smile through the pain.

"She went back where she's needed."

———

Luz crashed onto the ground. As she looked behind her, she got one last glimpse of the Isles before the connection was cut off. Sore from the fight and doing worse emotionally, Luz slowly stood up and walked out of the forest.

She stepped onto the porch and softly knocked on the front door. Camila swung it open, tears of relief in her eyes.

"Mi hija! Oh thank goodness you're okay. I was so worried. You won? It's all over now?"

"Yeah mom. It's over."

Luz crumbled to the ground in tears. Camila just knelt down and hugged her daughter, not saying a word, just being there for her as she sobbed.

She was home.