ꨄ︎ 2.

"Even in the afterlife, I'ma fight your soul
'Cause the second time around, I'll be twice as bold."
Here I Am | Nicki Minaj

Sunday morning
ꨄ︎ | 11:18 am

   "C'mon B." Leena encouraged, grabbing her wrist and running down the porch towards the old Honda civic, that was parked on the curb of a few house down from Blanche's mom house. Rose, of course was inside passed out. She returned home from work a few hours earlier with her favorite bottle of dark liquor and been locked in her room ever since. It was typically how most nights when it their household, leaving Blanche to parent herself and do as she pleased. Usually she would be inside of the house, but since Leena and her became friends, Leena would always drag Blanche along to meet up with whatever boy that had her attention that week. A few older guys from the block sat in the car, smoking a blunt and passing around a bottle of UV Vodka.

"I'm not sure we should be doin' this, Lee." Blanche nervously replied, but still following her friend. Leena waved her off, ignoring Blanche's warnings and strutted her overdeveloped hips to the passenger door.

      Leena was only thirteen, but most thought she was at least sixteen. She was maturing at a rate quicker than her mother liked and they butted heads constantly over it. Unlike Blanche, Leena's mother was overprotective, so Leena was constantly at Blanche's house, knowing she could get away with anything over there.

"Girl, calm down. We're good. Snow is cool, I promise." Leena insisted, trying to convince Blanche otherwise.

"Hey Snow." Leena flirted, leaning down to the passenger window.

       Snow was the neighborhood candy man. He was only eighteen but everyone in on their block either respected or feared him. He was ruthless but his outward appearance would have you thinking otherwise. He had a baby face, with lazy brown eyes and a small goatee growing in that trimmed his face. He was lanky and tall, but could easily handle any nigga twice his size. Snow knew how to fight, but rather let his gun handled most of his problems.

"What's up Leena?" Snow replied with a grin. He knew she was jailbait, but Leena was persistent in her attempts. Plus she looked twice her age, with a body to match which had Snow itching to pop her cherry.

"What you got planned for tonight? Me and my girl are looking for somethin' to do." Leena asked, nodding to Blanche who stood awkwardly behind her. Snow glanced past Leena at Blanche recognizing her from away the way with Leena.

"Me and my niggas was gonna hit up this party on the east side." Snow causally said, toking on a blunt.

"Can we tag along?" Leena asked. Snow twisted his mouth, contemplating.

"Hop in the back." He said. Leena smiled, holding in her excitement and opened the car door.

     Leena wanted Snow from the moment she'd laid eyes on him. Yes he was older, but that had never stopped her before and unlike the older guys she experienced, Snow was playing hard to get. Leena hopped in glancing back at a hesitant Blanche.

"Girl, c'mon." Leena complained. Blanche rolled her eyes, sighing before climbing into the car.

    A cloud of smoke filled the car as Blanche tried to make herself comfortable in the backseat, but it was no use. She was out of place and knew they had no business being in this car with niggas way older than them. Blanche remained silent as the car cruised down the streets. It was a warm summer night in LA, so traffic was thick.

     They pulled up to a dark house and the hairs on the pack of Blanche's neck stood at attention. If they were going to a party, why were they here? The house looked empty and she heard no music and didn't see anyone hanging out on the porch.