ꨄ︎ 17.

"I always wondered 'bout why you let me go?
Why you let me walk, up on out that door?"
Get Away | Kehlani

Sunday afternoon
ꨄ︎ | 1:00 pm

       The last place Isis wanted to be was out and socializing, but yet, she found herself doing so. Today was Javi's mom's birthday and his family was having a small party at Lovey's house, so Isis had to show her face. A face she only planned to show briefly before retreating to the four walls of her room.

She wasn't in the mood to be around everyone and their pestering questions about her and Javi's relationship. Especially when she was holding a huge secret from him. Since she received the news of her pregnancy she hadn't been handling it well. Isis was barely sleeping or eating and when she did finally have an appetite to eat she couldn't keep it down. Growing a life was becoming a strenuous task on her body and the guilt of keeping the news from Javi only added to that feeling.

 Growing a life was becoming a strenuous task on her body and the guilt of keeping the news from Javi only added to that feeling

      Glancing up at Lovey's house, Isis tightened the grip she had on the steering wheel as her knuckles went white. Knowing she was moments away from seeing Javi was gnawing at her gut. She felt nothing but anxiety from the pit of her stomach and couldn't stop frantically chewing on the piece of gum in her mouth.

Taking in a deep breath, Isis released those emotions through a long exhale before climbing out of her Jeep and gathering Onxy from the backseat. Kenia was days away from giving birth and unable to attend the party, so Onyx tagged along with Isis to the party.

     Walking up the long driveway to the house, with Onxy holding her hand, Isis decided to enter through the front door instead of the backyard. She didn't want her arrival to be made into a big fuss. Opening the unlocked front door, Isis entered through the foyer placing Onxy's diaper bag down in the front sitting room. Swooping him up and placing him on her hip, Isis quickly fixed her appearance in the mirror before heading towards the loud voices she heard coming from outside.

Just at that moment, Javi turned the corner, spotting Isis in the mirror. She was unaware of his presence and he took a sip from his red cup briefly watching her. It had been a minute since they last saw each other, almost two weeks since Priya's birthday.

       His feelings for her were still jumbled. His stubbornness was embedded into his DNA and once he felt disrespected, all bets were off. However, Javi couldn't deny what he was experiencing in his heart as she watched her from a distance. Everything about Isis attracted him to her, from her grace to her soft-giving nature and submissive ways. She was a hell of a woman. A woman Javi wanted for keeps.

But when there was no trust, it was hard to overcome that.

"What's up, ma?" Javi said, finally announcing her presence. Isis glanced up, looking at his reflection in the mirror coming closer.

"Hey." Isis timidly spoke as Javi wrapped his strong arm around her waist, placing a hand on her hip and making her gasp. She wasn't expecting this type of greeting given everything they were going through. It only confused her even more. Javi was hot and cold with her these days and Isis never knew which version of him to expect.

His touch had her feeling like she was floating as Isis fought every urge to melt in his arms. She tucked away those thoughts as they quietly stared at each other through the mirror.

Their silence speaking a million words.

"We would make a good-lookin' family, Ice." Javi whispered, giving her waist a slight squeeze.

Isis looked down, feeling the tears form in the corner of her eyes and her chest go heavy. It was no use trying to fight back her tears because she couldn't control them if she wanted to as they began sliding down her cheeks. She planned to not tell him, not at least until she figured out what she wanted to even actually give birth to this baby, but now...with Javi bringing up the idea of them having a family, Isis changing her mind.

Noticing how upset she got by his comment Javi spun her around, taking her face in his hands.

"Talk to me. What's wrong?" He questioned lost to what triggered her tears, but Isis was unable to spit it out. Placing Onyx down, she tells him to go find his grandmother before falling into Javi's chest and crying even harder.

"Come with me." Javi directed, pulling her into the bathroom. He sat down on the toilet, placing Isis on his lap as she continued to cry, holding tightly onto his neck. Javi held her, trying to soothe her as he rubbed her back, hoping once Isis calmed down, she would tell him what was wrong.

Fifteen minutes later, Isis finally calmed down and gathered her thoughts. Exhaling deeply, she fidgeted with her fingernails, staring down.

"You wanna tell what that was about?" He inquired.

"I'm pregnant, Javi." Isis blurted out and Javi froze repeating her words back to himself in his head as he went silent and started doing the math.

"I know what with everything that went down you probably don't trust the paternity so I have no problem doing a test." Isis continued unable to read his reaction to her news. She didn't want Javi to feel the same emotions he did when it came to the parentity of Serenity's child, so she was no problem offering to do one.

"Nah Ice." He said breaking his silence, "I believe you. Plus we know what happened 3 months ago." He suggestively reminded, licking his lips. Isis playfully rolled her eyes as the memory of their trip made her clit thump.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked in defeat.

"Whatchu mean? We gonna raise this baby, ma."

"Javi." Isis protested.

"What?"

"Be foreal. We've barely been talking. I don't think adding a child into a drama right now is smart." Javi sucked his teeth not wanting to hear what she was about to say because it sounded like she was heading towards bringing up an abortion. Something Javi definitely didn't want. Even though shit was strained between them, he wanted her to have this child. Finding out he wasn't Jordi's father had left this whole inside of him.

"Nah Ice, don't say that. It's not like the baby is coming tomorrow. We have time to work it out." Javi said trying to convince her so.

Isis massaged her temples, knowing his reasoning behind wanting to have this child. It was why she didn't want to say anything in the first place. Isis knew how instantly attached he would become once she confessed.

"How do you still have so much faith after everything that has happened?" Isis questioned, unable to comprehend. They were so wishy-washy with each other and raising a child in that environment didn't seem like the wise thing to do. She didn't want her child to grow up with parents who did nothing but make up to break up.

"I don't know, Ice, but as long as we been fuckin' with each other, you ain't end up being pregnant until now. Seems like a sign to me." Javi said and Isis sighed. For now, she would go along but knew once she decided, she would be choosing the only option that was best for her. 

ꨄ︎