ꨄ︎ 24.

I ain't tell ya that ya perfect, nothin' could replace ya"
Palm Trees | GoldLink

Saturday night
ꨄ︎ | 3:00 am

It was way late into the night and Isis was finally on the way home after a long day of being out. Her bed was calling her name and she was more than ready to end her day. She drove Javi's car as he sat in the passenger seat, slumped. He was drunk so Isis was the designated driver for the night. She couldn't even have a drink if she wanted to—being pregnant and all.

Even though she so desperately needed one.

That and a blunt.

However, Isis had to put the well being her child first and she wouldn't dare putting that at risk. Her feelings about being pregnant were still complicated. She knew that having a child with Javi, he would go above and beyond to provide more than the average nigga and that relieved a part of her financial worries about raising a child. However she couldn't be bought and financial security wouldn't mend her tainted heart. It wasn't worth the sacrifice of her peace or happiness. She couldn't see herself accepting a situation with a nigga who wasn't loving her properly, Javi included. Especially now—with a whole life being placed into her hands. She had to start moving differently when it came to relationships, baby daddy and all.

Isis knew if it came down to raising her child alone though that, she could do it but there were things a child needed that an only mother couldn't provide by themselves. So if her and Javi were going to be together and raise a child as a family, it was time they hashed out all the petty bullshit, lies, and true feelings they were holding back from each other.

     Feeling Javi's eyes on her as she pulled up to the light a block away from her home, Isis glanced over at him. She could tell he was deep in thought as they way he massaged the hairs on his chin as he stared at her. Isis would never get use to it the look. No matter the circumstances, she would always find herself shrinking under it.

"What?" Isis questioned, feeling herself getting nervous and wondering why Javi was staring so deeply at her. Javi stared back without a response, caught up in his drunk but candid thoughts. Isis was so different from what he'd grown accustomed to in their time apart. He was well versed with all type of women but no one could ever compare to the feeling Isis gave him which meant no one could compare to the pain Javi would feel when it came to her.

Since finding out the Isis was having his child, Javi had been overcome with joy. The brief experience he had with the child Serenity claimed was his, had him more than ready for fatherhood. It still saddened him that this child wasn't his, especially after all those moments of bonding Javi spent with Jordi. However, Javi couldn't picture anyone better than Isis to carry his seed into the world. He'd been in love with her since they were teenagers and she was everything he wanted in a mother for his children and wife. She was just his speed and their compatibility was like no other. It felt like a compliment for people to know that she was attached to him. Everything about her screamed good quality.

"You know I love you right? On everything, Ice and I can't wait for you to have my baby." Javi randomly declared breaking his silence and reaching over to rub her belly. The butterflies in her belly fluttered as she felt their child kick as Javi rubbed on her belly. Feeling herself get emotional, Isis forced the tears down that stung in the corner of her eyes.

Lately she'd been experiencing a constant wave of déjà vu, which only further wrecked her mental state about being pregnant. However, Isis was trying to look past that and stay strong for the child she was currently carrying.