ꨄ︎ 3.

"Look out for karma cause you know she comin'."
Better Luck Next Time | Kiyanne

Thursday afternoon
ꨄ︎ | 2:19 pm

      A few days later, Blanche was home after being released from the hospital

      A few days later, Blanche was home after being released from the hospital. She was in a daze, gazing out the window, watching as the rain fell over the mountains. Her body was still sore and her mind was drowsy from all the pain medicine her doctor had prescribed. She wanted to be home, but at Carter's request, she was under his watch instead. Blanche knew why he was being so overprotective and she completely understood. However, she couldn't process her emotions the way she needed to, outside of the comfortably of her home. Ever since she awaken in the hospital, there was absent of feeling brewing inside of her once Blanche realized what had happened. Her mind kept replaying all the moments up to it, trying to figure out how she missed every fucking sign, but she kept coming up short.

The signs were all there.

In every action and every conversation, but somehow, she missed it all.

    Feeling the tears burning in the corner of her eyes, she blinked them away and rubbed her lifeless belly. Blanche wasn't understanding why God would allow Indie to take another life from her and it made her furious with Him. She'd learned her lesson once before and stayed away, so why would He allow it to happen again? Blanche didn't think it was fair and felt like life was playing some type of cruel game on her. Now she'd lost another child at the hands of Indie and Ryder had lost his mother.

However Blanche wasn't blaming Leena. She knew Leena struggled with her demons and felt like a bad friend for not noticing that something was off. The person she did in fact blame, was Indie. He took advantage of the fact that Leena was weak and used it against her in the worst possible way. Blanche couldn't settle until Indie got what he deserved. Her index finger itched and her mind wouldn't stop scheming on ways to make Indie suffer. She'd forgive and forget one too many times and now there was no more mercy left in her for him. The only way Indie could pay for what he did was with his life and Blanche wouldn't rest until then. She physically could not.

The doorbell rang and Blanche heard her father go to open it. Moments later, he and Juice entered the living room. Only few knew of the location of this place. Carter had procured a safe spot for Blanche after the incident. It was a location hidden in the hills and one Indie had no clue about. He didn't want to take any chances especially after finding out the truth of his daughter and Indie's relationship. He was furious after finding out how much Blanche kept from him and Carter wanted Indie dead, but he also had to be smart with the next steps he made. Indie had ties in high places. But unfortunately for him, Carter's ties were higher.

"What's up B?" Juice greeted, taking a seat next to her on the couch. He was happy to see her face. Juice wouldn't know what he would've done if he lost her. That night he got a call from one of his workers telling him they spotted Blanche's car on the block and her nowhere to be found was one of the worst moments of his life.