ꨄ︎ 10.

"Yes, I'm a petty lover today,
'cause I'm still mad about yesterday."
Petty Lover | Jaz Karis

Friday morning
ꨄ︎ | 9:34 am

"And yeah, a nigga fine, but, he move too janky
Got me fucked up, I don't trust 'em.
If he ain't got more than me, I can't fuck 'em."

Blanche rapped along to the lyrics of Mind Yo Business by Lakeyah featuring Latto as her Lambo truck swerved in and out of the lanes of LA's morning traffic. Her cousin, Priya sat in the passenger seat hyping her up. They had planned on spending the day getting pampered for Priya's birthday dinner later that evening.

Blanche was trying to get back to her life and not let what had happened to her darken her current reality. She and Grey had been closer than ever and were in a much better place than before. The loss of their child was a traumatic event. Yet it made them stronger than ever and after the conversation with her mother the other day, Blanche felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her chest. It brought her clarity she didn't think she would receive from it. Especially learning that her mother experienced the same trauma of having a child ripped from your soul. Blanche was slowly starting to understand her more now. However, even with all that clarity and forgiveness, there was still an itching sensation of revenge brewing around inside.

Finding a spot in front of the salon, Blanche pulled her car over to the curb and put the parking gear on. Behind her, in another truck, was Mouse and two other bodyguards. Lately Blanche didn't go anywhere without them and she knew she wouldn't feel comfortable without them again, until she settled her score with Indie.

They climbed out of the truck and made their way into the salon. Inside, Isis sat at her manicure table with her nose in her phone while Kenia was doing Nala's hair and Kiyanne sat in her chair. For Priya's birthday preparations, Isis closed down the shop today so they were the only ones here.

"The birthday princess has arrived!" Priya shouted bursting through the double doors.

Isis glanced up, playfully rolling her eyes, "Here she go already."

"Girrrl, since this damn morning." Blanche replied, hugging Isis and exchanging pleasantries with Kiyanne, Nala, and Kenia.

Priya waved them off, "Whatever, y'all know y'all love me."

"And that's the only reason yo ass even got me outta bed this early. You know I'm taking some time off right now." Isis reminded her.

Kiyanne pursed her lips interjecting, "That's what we callin' what you doin?"

Priya, Nala, and Kenia snickered in response as Isis's long lashes fluttered upwards.

"Yeah hoe, that's what I'm callin' it." Isis replied matter of factly. "Priya, c'mon." She said calling her over so she could begin working on her nails. Blanche went to sit in Kiyanne's chair and Kiyanne started working on her hair.

"So what you gonna do when you see him later tonight? Cause you know he's gonna be there." Kenia questioned with a raise of her eyebrow.

Isis sighed, already over with this conversation before it began. She'd been in an anxious wreck all morning, knowing tonight she would have to be in the same room with Javi and act like she didn't care like he'd been doing for the past month. It sucked and their last conversation hadn't changed anything between them. They were still at odds and this being their current reality made Isis sad as hell. She hated feeling that aching in her heart whenever she thought of him and nothing she told herself would ease the pain.

"Nothing. What could I possibly do or say that I haven't already?" Isis hopelessly replied, shrugging.

Blanche felt heart went out to Isis, hearing those words come out of her mouth. Blanche knew exactly what that felt like. She and Grey just went something similar, but lucky enough, they were able to work through it. She hoped it would be the same for Javi and Isis. In a way their relationship, reminded Blanche of what she and Juice once shared. Sometimes that first love was difficult to shake.