10

"Knock,knock" someone gently knocks on the car window and Hlanganani opens the window. "Its show time my man" says one of his friends telling him that its time for him to go up on stage and do what he's paid for. "We will be out in a sec,did y'all already pray?" He asks the guy and the guy responds by nodding his head.

Its night time already and the event has started,him and I just arrived while his crew has been here. "Close your eyes and let's pray" says Hlanganani after closing the window. He doesn't wait for me to react,with patience and gentleness he takes both my hands into his and immediately says a prayer out loud. Did I shut my eyes? Nope. And why is that? Because I'm shocked,like dude knows how to pray. Its not your Our Father who art in heaven or any typical recited prayer...like his prayer has meaning and reverence. "...amen" "Amen" I say after him.

"We close our eyes when we pray baby" he says immediately upon opening his eyes. "Sorry its just that ngimangele" I honestly say. "Wow,so I don't look like the praying type?" He asks in between his laughter. "Not at all" I add some sass into it while teasing him,"well that makes the both of us,I bet that you don't even know how to pray." He teases and you know what? I will keep my mouth shut because he ain't wrong. My silence must be speaking volumes because he unleashes his hyena like laugh and says "I knew it."

"Okay so wena uya estage,mina?" I ask him once we are standing outside the car holding hands at a distance. "Back stage with my crew" he answers filling the gap between us and placing his hands on my waist. "Wait I can't go and socialize with other people,I have to stand behind you with your team?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders before saying. "You can but you don't know anyone here so my crew will be babysitting you" he's being both serious and playful.

Hai keh I accept my fate,I see one of friends,Thato waiting for me. "See you later,good luck,I love you loads and break a leg...maybe two" I tell him as I hug him. "Thank you,mina I love you lots and no asina medical aid so I won't be breaking anything" he says snuggling further into the hug making me laugh. "Ndzi kombela kiss(can I please get a kiss)" he says. Y'all should be proud of me,I'm slowly learning so I heard what he said.

"Uyisdakwa Zama!" Exclaims Thato after hearing what I'm ordering,"don't judge me,utshwala bamahala bumnandi and I'm drinking for uHlanganani as well." We are at the bar noThato,he's gay by the way and out of all my man's friends I like him the most. What I mean when I say that the alcohol is free is that its on my man's tab. I'm drinking on his behalf because he doesn't drink,I don't know why but he doesn't and he doesn't smoke too weird I know. So throughout his performance he will be drinking Redbulls cabanga.

"Room service!" A shout is heard from outside our hotel room door,"I'm coming!" I shout back running to attend to it but before that,I make sure that I have fastened my robe tightly and that nothing is showing. I just got out of the shower,I have nothing on except a lace thong. "Thank you so much" I say to the waitress as I wheel the room service trolley inside and she leaves. I continue to wheel it inside the bedroom where Hlanganani is softly snoring. Its the morning after the gig,its 10am to be precise and shame my man is kak tired while mina isdakwa I woke up early, surprisingly Im not hungover and I'm full of energy. Last night was lit,I won't lie. I got drunk and shame my man didn't mind.

Inkinga wukuthi ngiyahlupha mengidakiwe but word of advice ladies....get a man who can handle you. Because I did! Anyways adding onto my list of favourite things to do: I love watching my man dj and dance. I also love cheering for him!! "Wakey wakey, pancakes and whatever white people say" I say standing besides his bedside. He doesn't move nor wake up so I repeat what I said but a little louder this time and I bend down to kiss his juicy lips. Man drinks right off my lips and when I attempt to step away he pulls my hotel robe. "Good morning ndoda kaNomzamo!" I cheerfully greet when we pull apart.