28

"Stay down baby!" I shout over the loud rain of bullets for her to keep her head down while half of my body is covering hers. No matter what happens...She. Can. Not. Die! Or else there will be hell to pay. It suddenly goes quiet...dead silent. I slowly rise up and look behind us,I can see a figure standing there and sure enough he or she is looking at me. I open my door slowly expecting something to happen...more like a bullet to fly through but nothing happens.

With my gun in hand,I get out of the car. I haven't checked up on Nhlawuleko but I know that she's okay. She's just terrified and shocked nothing more. Once I'm outside,I am able to clearly make out the shooter's face. I know that face. Its one of Zero's boys...tho I forgot his name. When he sees me curiously looking at him,he smirks before showing me the glock 18 automatic that's in his hand. I quirk up my eyebrow at him as if to ask 'is that supposed to scare me?' And he just chuckles.

I don't see him making a move on me or even looking scared as he eyes my pistol. I move closer to him and still nothing,I don't know what im expecting him to do but doing absolutely nothing is not what I expecting. I look between him and my now fucked up car. I come to understand what's happening here...this was no assassination or run down. Zero sent his boy over here to trash my car and that's precisely what his boy did.

"What does Zero want from me?" I ask him looking and sounding bored. "You know what he wants" he answers. Of course I know that he wants blood. "Then why doesn't he man up and come and get it!?" I shout feeling frustrated by this whole fucken situation. "Ohh he will" he mocks. "When will he stop with these fucken games?" I ask the errand boy,not that I'm expecting him to know such information but its worth a try. "When he says Game over" ohh thats a fucken smart answer,mxm. "Okay well then I say let the games begin" before he can take in my words I pull the trigger releasing 3 bullets into his body.

Two on his chest and one on his forehead. "That's for damaging my wife's favourite car." I say standing next to his dead body.  A gun shot goes off somewhere making me duck before frantically looking around trying to locate the second shooter. I quickly run to hide by my car. I soon roll over to the car behind and hide on the side. The shooter continues to shoot,I look under the car to see if I can see this person's legs and to his luck I don't see him. I slowly go behind the car to move to the other side and as I make it to the corner,I get shot on the arm.

I look ahead and see the shooter...I don't know this newbie. I weakly pick up my fire arm just as he shoots but this time he misses me. I put a bullet through his abdomen since I can't lift my hand higher. He fires another bullet but it doesn't hit me luckily and I get another opportunity to have another shot at him when he crouches down pressing his wound. I shoot him directly on top of his bald head and his body hits the ground with a "Thud."  With great difficulty I manage to pick myself up. I look around searching for another threat and when I find none,relief blankets me. 

I search for my cellphone in my pocket. "Boti(brother)?" I say to Akani once he answers his phone.
Him: "n'wana mhani(my mother's child)?"
Me: "pin my current location,I need someone to come and clean up here." I tell him looking around at the "mess" I made.
Him: "okay how many bodies are we talking about?" He asks already catching  on to what I mean.
Me: "two,its Zero's boys" I tell him clenching my jaw as I think of the worst that could have happened. What if a bullet went stray and shot someone? Zama!?

Him: "what happened? Are you okay?" He asks. He isn't that worried tho,he knows that I can handle myself.
Me: "I'm fine,a bullet just grazed my arm,they weren't sent to kill me. They destroyed my car and I'm with Zama." He let's out a Fuck! And before he can asks about Nhlawuleko's health I promise him that she's okay.
Him: "I will send Amir to have your hand checked out" he says,Amir is his gang doctor. Yah its crazy that Akani is a doctor yet he employs another doctor. As I said before,my brother is a doctor only when it suits him.
Me: "there's no need for that I can stitch myself up" I assure him as I walk to my car.