45

Story Title: Rise of the Phoenix [REQUESTED]

Name: Izuku Midoriya

Quirk: [Phoenix]

Type: [Emitter/Sentient]

Description:

Phoenix is an emitter/sentient quirk that grants the user enhanced strength, speed, stamina, and the ability to generate and manipulate fire from the user's hands. The fire can be spread throughout the user's body, shot out of the user's hands and mouth, and absorb fire or any fire-based quirks, such as Hellflame, or any quirks with a fiery nature, such as Explosion. This also grants the user immunity to fire or hot temperature.

This quirk also grants the user a fiery, flaming sentient being that takes the appearance of a Phoenix, as the name suggests, within their body that can materialize and dematerialize at will or if the being chose to, and can form around the user in the form of a giant fire-bird allowing him the ability to fly or even form as a smaller version out of the user's shoulder. Said being is fully sentient, that has its own personality and feelings, being very wise, protective, and motherly to the user, referring to them as its "chick". Despite it being genderless, the being can produce a feminine voice, which it uses to communicate with the user, either telepathically or verbally.

Drawbacks: The user must use the quirk with care and calculations as said quirk can potentially burn down a whole city block if used recklessly. Overuse of quirk will lead to dehydration, due to the rising temperature because of the nature of the quirk.

Summary: After his dreams were crushed to the ground by All Might, Number 1 Hero, Izuku Midoriya, a quirkless boy that aspired to be a hero, decided to end his life. Following the "advice" of Katsuki Bakugou, someone he thought was a friend to him, and took a jump off of a building rooftop.

As he was falling and waiting for his demise, he reminisced on all the painful experiences he had endured throughout his young life. Shedding a tear as he remembered the time where he had wished he had a quirk, then this wouldn't have happened.

Seeing the concrete ground getting closer, he closed his eyes as he accepted his fate. That's until his body felt hot all of a sudden, forcing him to open his eyes. As he did, fire formed around him. He then started to float in the air as the fire around him turned into the shape of a bird. More specifically, of a phoenix.

As he landed gracefully on the ground, Izuku was about to start questioning himself when he suddenly heard a soft, feminine voice in his head.

"I'm so sorry it took me so long..." the voice said as his shoulder began heating up. Looking over at his shoulder, he saw fire swirling in a fire tornado before it all formed into a head of a fire-bird. The fire-bird made its way to the front of his face and looked over at Izuku's face. "But don't worry, chick... I'm here now." it said as it snuggled lovingly on Izuku's neck.

Still shocked from the fall, that's the moment where Izuku hugged the creature before crying his eyes out. Why is he crying? It's because he not only just awakened his quirk, but gained a companion he thought he never needed. This is the start of his journey at UA High School as the Flaming Hero: Amaterasu!

Ships: Izuku x Harem, Main: Undecided

A/N: Change a few details, mainly the hero name. I think it fits better than Phoenix or maybe it's just me.