Part 5 - Lizzie being a hero

Next day

I was in a very good mood as from today I would be a hero and dad would look at me the same way he looks at Hope.

We were called in the assembly hall for the meeting. Sheriff told us about Dana, Sarah and Conner missing from their homes.

Dad asked us to help the sheriff in the investigation.

I volunteered immediately as I wanted to prove to my dad that I am no less than Hope.

I asked MG to be my partner. We begin investigating it. Hope as usual was trying to boss us around and trying to be better than us by saying being a hero is not a competition.

I felt like slapping her. She doesn't get it because she has my dad's attention always.

We find Dana who puked her own organs.

We figured out that it's a spider and we went to the forest to defeat it.

Dad of course wanting only his precious golden child to save the day. But me and Josie both went with Hope to where the spider was. Hope's spells were not working.

I remembered a spell that I read in the book I stole from dad's office. I say to repeat after me.

We defeated the spider with my spell.

We came out dad wasn't looking happy.

After having shower and getting changed to night clothes, dad came to see us.

Dad begin to yell at us for being reckless and putting ourselves in danger.

I say why can't you be proud of us as you are proud of Hope when she stops a monster.

Dad says being safe is important. I don't want you two to get involved. Me and Hope will handle it. Elizabeth Hope told me about you telling them the spell to defeat the spider. From where did you learn the spell?

I say of course first you went to see your prodigal daughter whom you must have given lot's of praises. For your information I stole a book from your office and studied the book. I found the spell in that book.

Dad says those books are not for you Elizabeth. Those are dangerous.

I say because it's for your precious Hope. She uses the books all the time.

Josie jumps in and says dad we need to be taught offensive magic. Had Lizzie not known the spell, God knows what would have happened.

Dad says that's why I am saying you two stay away from the monsters. Hope and I would handle it.

I say why Hope?

Dad says she knows things and is perfect for the job. I have an announcement to make come to the assembly hall.

I felt like hating Hope and dad even more. For him I tried to be a hero, what did I get, nothing but disappointment.

At the assembly hall

Dad says about creating an honour council.

I decided to run for it as I wanted to make certain changes to the school. I was so sure that I would win. I started preparing for it.

Next day

I went to each and every student and talked about what I can propose to make the school better place for witches.

After 3 days

It was the day the honour council would be announced. I was shocked that nobody voted for me and instead chose Josie.

I was on the verge of having another episode but I kept myself in control somehow.

I was in mine and Josie's bedroom meditating trying not to have an episode.

Josie was disturbing me.

I asked her to keep silence as I am meditating.

Josie says I don't know why everyone voted for me and not you. I know Penelope was making everyone against you. If you want I can give my place to you.

I get angry and say I don't want your charity Josie. Since you are not letting me meditate I have to go to gym to do some boxing.

At the gym

I was busy boxing at the gym angrily.

Penelope comes and starts making sarcastic remarks and said how Josie deserved the position while I wasn't worthy of it. I care only about myself.

I ask her why she hates me so much?

She says I don't hate you. It's about how you treat Josie. How I am a black hole sucking life out of her and giving nothing back. And she leaves.

I get angry and I siphoned the floor and destroyed the punching bag.

Suddenly Rafael comes and sees the mess and says do you want me to call your dad?

I say he would most probably busy with his precious Hope Mikaelson. He won't have time for me.

He says do you want to talk about it?

I say with you, probably not. As you said to me without knowing me that you made it a point to stay clear of girls like me.

And I leave to go to my room to sleep.