Chapter 18: Divine Intervention Part 2

Monday Morning

Janet woke up and looked around. She was a bit tired and didn't notice the room she was in was not hers. As she exits the bed, she walks around and says, "Good morning, Dende." After she walked out to the lookout's edge and looked over, she sipped a cup of coffee. While she was sipping, she thought about it for a minute. She looked down again and she noticed where she was and let out a big scream. Dende and Mr. Popo ran out to the lookout, Dende asked, "What's wrong?" Janet asked, "WHY AM I STILL HERE!!!" Dende says nervously, "Well when we were talking about Namekian history, it went on for about five to eight hours. When I noticed, you were so tired and you fell asleep. So, I took it upon myself to prepare a room and clothes for you, and I also went down to earth to give another note to your sister, telling her not to worry." Janet breathes out a breath of relief and says, "Thank you, Dende. Well, since I'm up, can I please have some breakfast? and we can talk more about it." Dende says, "Sure." Unknowing to Janet, Dende thought, "I'm glad breakfast was on her mind. Otherwise, I would've had to come up with a distraction to keep her here." As Dende ushered Janet to the banquet hall, he stepped out and called for Mr. Popo. When he got there, Dende said, "While I'm in here keeping her busy with this, could step out to the lookout and check on the meet-up with Piccolo and her sister and let me know of the progress." Mr. Popo said, "Of course." As Mr. Popo walked away, Dende thought, "Knowing Piccolo, he can keep his cool. Her sister is another story."

At the Foam Cafe

Piccolo is sitting at the front of the cafe, and he closes his eyes for a moment. He then starts to reminisce about the first date he had with Janet. She was so sweet, while she asked Piccolo so many questions, but the more she did, the more Piccolo fell in love with her voice. Once he saw her face smiling at him in his head, someone said, "Are you going to keep daydreaming?" As he opens his eyes, he sees Anya sitting at the table with her arms folded. Piccolo clears his throat and says, "Sorry, I was thinking." Anya said, "Yeah, I got that. So, were you thinking of my sister?" Piccolo says, "Yes, she is the best thing that ever happened to me." Anya says, "Oh really? Then, why kill our parents? And why make her think you are a good person?" Piccolo sighs and says, "I'm not tricking her, and I truly do love her. I know because I have never felt this feeling or sensation." Anya says, "Really? You expect me to believe this shit?!!" The owner of the shop says, "Everyone who wants to enjoy their coffee in peace, please come to the second coffee room, which is above us." As everyone leaves, Piccolo sighs. Anya says, "Whatever. I just want to why? After everything, I told her never to come back to that park but she went on a date with you to go to that exact place! Why? Did you use your alien abilities or some mind control?" Piccolo puts his head down and says, "She said she wanted to go there." Anya says, "What?" Piccolo looked up with his eyes closed. He told her, "Janet persuaded me to go with her. I didn't want to, but she told me, "The past is gone, and she doesn't blame me for their deaths. I understand that it was your father. That's why I can't blame you because you became a fighter to protect people like me and the whole earth." Piccolo continues and says, "So, you see, I never touched her or controlled her. She wanted to understand me and why, as well as you did." Piccolo said, "Your sister was terrified when she stepped into the park. It was like she saw her worst nightmare. I was so worried so for the rest of the date we went to the beach, It wasn't until I saved her from the Android attack that she came to me about your parents. She allowed me to show her my memories." Anya asked, "How?" Piccolo held his hands out and said, "By touching my hands." Anya groans and says, "I will be the judge of that. If you are lying, I will know and I will decide whether you are good or bad." Once she did, she had all of Piccolo's memories, from his father's fight and his hatching to the reason why he became a good person.

Anya also saw the abuse he had to go through and how he viewed himself. As she saw a moment of him being alone, she heard a cheerful giggle and then saw her sister reaching out to him. At first, Anya was shocked, but then she concluded. Anya gasped and saw the answer to why she loved him and why he loved her. Piccolo had let go of her hands, and he then heard sobbing. Anya looked up at him with tears running down her face. She said, "I have been cruel to you, and you never felt any resentment towards me. You care for me out of love and respect for my sister. Piccolo, I am so sorry. I just wanted to protect her from the fear, pain, and sadness of life when we lost our parents' I thought I just needed to shield my sister from the world and others. I just didn't want to deal with the heartbreak, sorrow, pain, and anguish I had to harbor when our parents died. I also felt like if my sister found someone else to love her, she would completely forget about me. Like she said, all I do is bring sadness and anger with me." Piccolo placed his hand on her shoulder and said, "She says that, but when she started talking about you, all she would say about you is that you were so strong and brave. You took on all the burdens and also raised your sister. She saw you as a warrior." As Anya and Piccolo walked out of the cafe, Anya said, "Piccolo, I'm so sorry. I promise to tell my sister and I'm glad my sister has someone like you." Piccolo says as he bows, "No, thank you. I am grateful to have your blessing to be with your sister." Anya also adds, "Oh Piccolo, one more thing... please keep her away from the battles you get into, please?" Piccolo says, "Of course."