Chapter 12: Vacation with Piccolo and Pan Part Three

Sunday morning

Janet was up early and decided to cook breakfast and clean the dishes. As she was, she started to hum a tune called, "Let me love you" by Mario. She started off to get a little louder. Then, she just started to sing out loud and began spinning around in the kitchen. Unknown to her, Piccolo started to come downstairs and overheard her. As he walks into the kitchen, he sees Janet singing to the top of her lungs. She started to end the song and said to herself, "Let me stop singing so loud before I wake them with this terrible singing." Piccolo says, "I enjoyed it." Janet jumps and turns around to see Piccolo standing against the kitchen door. Janet says nervously, "Good morning, Piccolo!! When did you get here?! I wasn't.... I mean, I was... Piccolo walks over to her and says, "I thought it was nice. It's OK. So what are you making?" Janet blushes and turns around and says, "Pancakes for us...... I mean for Pan!" Piccolo asks, "Well, is there anything you need help with?" Janet says, "Well, could you get juice out the fridge while I go get Pan?" Piccolo says, "Sure." As Janet heads upstairs, Piccolo goes over to the fridge and sees a picture of Janet with her sister. Piccolo thinks, "I wonder what her sister will think. I mean, I am the reason why..... As they come back downstairs, Janet asks Piccolo, "Piccolo, is there something wrong?"

As he turns to them, he says, "No, nothing." He goes into the fridge and says, "Orange or apple juice?" Pan jumps up and down, saying, "Apple Juice! Apple Juice!" Piccolo says, "Apple Juice it is." Once Piccolo brings the juice to the table, Janet closes the fridge and sees the picture of her and her sister. Janet sighs and thinks, "He was probably worried about her. Getting him to meet her will be difficult, but I know that's not the main reason. But I won't pester him until he and I are ready for that conversation." As they all sit at the table, Pan packs het mouth full of pancakes. Janet giggles while taking a napkin and wiping her face. Janet says to Pan, "Sweetheart, don't eat so fast. You could choke or give yourself a stomach ache." Pan says, "OK, Miss Janet." As she finishes chewing her food, she takes a sip of her juice. Piccolo says, "Alright, later on, your mother and father will be coming to pick you up. So, around 3, you will have to pack up your things." Pan nods her head and runs back upstairs. As Pan leaves the room, Janet asks, "So, Piccolo, I guess you will be leaving too, right?" Piccolo says, "Yes, unless you don't want me to leave." Janet says, "Well, I did want us to watch some movies. But if you don't want to.... Piccolo cuts her off and says, "I don't mind. As long as it doesn't have a lot of singing." Janet laughs at him and kisses his cheek. She says, "I'll try to tone down the singing." As Piccolo walks upstairs, he goes to Pan's room and says, "Pan, you ready to see your parents?" Pan says, "Yeah, but can we do something with Miss Janet before I leave?" Piccolo says, "Well..... Pan cuts him off and says, "Please!" Piccolo sighs and says, "Sure, just let me ask Janet." Pan started to jump around in the room.

As Piccolo walks back downstairs, he overhears Janet talking to herself. He hides behind the wall to the kitchen. Janet sighs, "I know he was wondering about this picture. As much as I want to hope that Anya would accept him on the spot, that's a fantasy. Ugh! Sometimes, I feel like I'm alone in this world. But when Piccolo came into my life, I've felt whole. I hope he plans on staying with me." Piccolo clutches his chest behind the wall and sighs. As he walks into the kitchen, he says, "Hey, I've got something to ask." Janet jumps a little and says, "Oh! You scared me a little. Because I didn't hear you come in. But what is it that you wanted to ask me?" Piccolo says, "Pan says she wants to go outside and play before she leaves. So, is that OK?" Janet says happily, "Of course!" As she says that, Pan comes downstairs really fast and hugs Janet's legs. Janet giggles and says, "Alright, let's get the bubbles and head outside."

At 1:00

Piccolo was standing by the house. Janet says, "Alright, Pan, you have to dip the bubble wand in the bubble soap and wait for the wind while running. Ready?" Pan says, jumping up and down, "Yeah!!" As they did, a wind came, and they started running with their bubble wands. After they did, three giant bubbles were floating over them. Janet and Pan then started to blow little bubbles with a small bubble wand. Piccolo chuckles to himself at the faces that Pan and Janet are making. Pan and Janet look over to him, and Pan whispers into Janet's ear. As Janet walks over to Piccolo, Piccolo looks down at Janet. Piccolo says, "Is there something wrong?" Janet says, "No. Except........ You're it!!" As she tagged him and ran away. Pan flies up and says, "You have to tag one of us, Piccolo, if you want to not be it." As they disappear from his line of sight, he chuckles and says to himself, "You two are in for it now!" He gets rid his cloak and flies up into the sky to look for Pan. He searches around town and then heads back to Janet's place. As he gets back, he hears giggling around the trees near Janet's House. Once Piccolo landed, he decided to be very quiet so that he could sneak up on Pan.