Chapter 21: Reading Day with Kids? Janet's Secret Admirer!

On Thursday Morning,

Janet walks into the class and says, "Good morning, class. Today is reading day in the Library and we have a special guest reading for us today." As they all walked to the Library, the librarian was in shock seeing the green man standing there. Before the kids came in, Janet said, "Alright, kids. Stay here for a bit, Pan, keep your class in line while I set up the Reading circle." Pan says, "Yes, ma'am!" As Janet walks in, the librarian looks at Janet and runs to hide behind her. Janet walks up to Piccolo, from the librarian, she hugs Piccolo and says, "Thank you for coming, Honey." As Piccolo and Janet set up the reading area, the librarian was shocked at how calm Janet was with the green man. Janet says, "Sarah, we can handle the library so you can take a break." The librarian (Sarah) says, "Okay, good luck!" As she left, Janet giggled and said, "You ready, Piccolo?" Piccolo blushed and said, "Sure." Janet goes outside, ushers the kids in, and says, 'Kids, this is Piccolo and our guest reader today." The kids were whispering and Pan shouted, "Piccolo!" As she did, she jumped into her arms and hugged him. 

The kids were baffled by Pan's action. As they sat on the rug, Piccolo pulled out a book called, "Three Little Aliens and The Big Bad Monkey" When Janet heard the title, she laughed but held it in and giggled to herself, tearing up. Piccolo said to her telepathically, "What's so funny, Janet?" Janet squeaked. As Piccolo smiled, he began reading. As he read, Janet thought, "Piccolo's voice is comforting. I could listen all day, he. makes my heart melt." Piccolo blushes. As he finishes, Janet lines up her kids. As she gets ready to leave, she whispers to Piccolo. "Thank you so much, sweetheart." Piccolo scoffs. Janet and her kids walk back to class. After all that, Janet's class went outside to play, Pan did some flying and impressing her classmates, some kids played on the swings, and one was sitting on the bench. Janet walks over to the kid, she asks, "What's wrong, sweetheart? Don't you want to play?" the little boy, named Rei said, "No. I'm scared of the slide." Janet asked, "Why, sweetheart?" Rei says, "I'm afraid of heights and the slide is too high." Janet says, "Well, there are other things to play on the playground." Rei twiddles his fingers and says, "I know, but the rest of the boys say being afraid of the slide is stupid and weak." Janet thought, "Wow, when did kids turn into such savages? Then again... Janet remembers when a boy bullied her for being different. As she sat with Rei, she came up with an idea. She asked Rei, "Hey Rei, why don't we face this fear together?" 

Rei asked Miss Janet, "But why, Miss Janet?" Janet says, "Because fear is an obstacle we all have to overcome." As she grabs Rei's hand, they run towards the slide. Once they got on the slide, Janet asked Rei, "Are you ready?" Rei nods. As they slide down, Janet says, "Whee!!!" Rei  had his eyes closed. He asked, "Is it over?" Janet asked, "Rei, sweetheart. You have to experience it to know if you really fear it." Rei asked, "But what if I get more scared? What if the boys bully me again?" Janet says, "Well, if those boys bully you, you come and tell me and I will deal with it. but for the time being, how about we help you overcome this fear?" Rei and Janet went back up to the slide and Janet says, "Alright, sweetie. I'm need you to think about something happy while you slide down the slide." Rei asked, "But why?" Janet sighed and says, "Because I have often had fear. I was in a situation where I could have disappeared forever, but when I thought about you kids safety. I felt better and happier. Because to me, all of you kids mean the world to me." Rei looked up at Janet and saw the sun shine on her smile. She asked, "So, are you ready, Rei?" Rei hugs Janet and says, "I'm ready, Mama." Janet was taken back and then they slid down and Rei let out the biggest, "Whee!!" As they got down the slide, Janet hugged Rei and said,"You did it! I'm so proud. So, how do you feel?" Rei hugged Janet. Janet hugged him back. As they seperated, Janet says, "Rei, I am so proud, but why did you call me Mama?"

Rei says, "You aren't upset, are you Miss Janet?" Janet says, "Oh no, sweetie." Janet says, "It's just I don't want you to call me your mommy, or your mommy will be mad." Rei said sadly, "No, my mom is not with me." Janet says, "Oh honey, I am so sorry I had no idea she died." Rei said, "Oh no, mommy left dad because she says, "He plays the field and the fool too much." Janet thought, "Wow! Who is this kid's mom? and what the hell kind of dad cheats on his wife who gives him such an angel of a child? If i ever meet this jackass, I might just kick him into next year." Janet says, "Oh? So, what about me reminds you of your mother?" Rei says, "My mom would always comfort me when I'm sad and she always stood up for me." Janet sighed and hugged him. She says, "Well, I'm glad I remind you of your mommy,but you have only call me Miss Janet, okay." Rei hugged Janet. Janet and Rei walked together, Janet says, "Alright, ready to go down the slide again?" Rei jumped up and down happily. But before they could get there, the kids were standing at the slide. Janet was confused, because all the kids were pouting. Janet asked, "Um kids, what's wrong?" The kids says, "Why does Rei get special treatment? Yeah, why can't we go down the slide with you?"