Chapter 14: Janet stays at Piccolo's House. Gohan and Piccolo Training

Janet wakes up the day after the party as the sun shines through her room window. As it did, Janet got up and started yawning. She walked downstairs and saw Piccolo sleeping on the couch. She giggled quietly and said to herself, "What a silly man. Why would he sleep on the couch." She leans down and kisses him on his lips, as she tries to walk away, a hand grabs her wrist. As she was stopped in her tracks, Piccolo says, "Stealing a kiss from me while I'm asleep, very sneaky." As Piccolo pulled her towards him, he kissed her roughly. Amid their kiss, Piccolo's phone started to ring as it did Piccolo growled. Janet heard him and giggled, as they separated from the kiss. Janet says, "You can't get so mad because people call, honey." Piccolo says, "The only reason I get so mad is because I know it is either Gohan or Videl asking me to do something." Janet giggles and says, "Aww, my poor baby. Well, how about this if it is something like an errand or babysitting, I will do it and you take today as a training day." Piccolo says, "No. You don't need to be wrapped in their mess either. " Janet says, "Piccolo, you know I don't mind." Piccolo sighs and says, "Fine." As he picks up the phone, Gohan says, "Hey Piccolo, how are you? and do you have any plans?" Piccolo says begrudgingly, "No, why?" Gohan says, "Well, I wanted to know if you're up for training?" Piccolo said confused, "Where did this come from?" Gohan says, "Well, we do need to train and if we are going to be strong enough for the next threat on Earth, we can be ready. So, what do you think?" Piccolo dropped his phone, Janet asked him, "You okay, Piccolo?" Piccolo says, "He asked me to train with him." Janet says excitedly, "That's great, so tell him you want to." Piccolo looks at Janet's body, she looks fidgety.

Piccolo asks her, "Are you sure? you look like you are shivering." Janet squeaks and says, "Well, I wanted to ask if I can come to see you train. But I don't want to trouble you about my safety." Piccolo looked at her stunned. He thought, "I knew she would be supportive but I never thought she wanted to see me train... wait a minute." Piccolo asked Janet, "Why? Is there a reason?" Janet blushed and started to stutter. Janet thought, "If I tell him, he will probably weirded out by me. But he asked so kindly." Janet says to Piccolo, "Well, I want to see you train for two reasons." Piccolo thinks, "Two reasons? Why two?" Piccolo says, "Well, what are they?" Janet sighed and said, "The first reason is because I want to know how it will be for you in these fights. When you saved the city and me from the Androids, you were fighting so hard and you got hurt. When that happened, I was concerned and then when Bulma and Chi-Chi brought up training, I became interested." Piccolo thought, "She was concerned about me? Wow, she is..... he was cut off by her saying, "And then there is reason two, which I was kind of scared to say." Piccolo grabbed her hand brought it to his face and said, "Janet, no matter what the second reason is, I will be okay. If you were concerned about what I was going to say." As he said that, he kissed her hand. Janet shouted and said, "I want to see you without your shirt on and I wanted to see you go big again, like when you fought the Androids!!" In this scene, Piccolo makes a certain face like this

 Janet shouted and said, "I want to see you without your shirt on and I wanted to see you go big again, like when you fought the Androids!!" In this scene, Piccolo makes a certain face like this

Before Janet could see Piccolo's reaction, she turned away from him and covered her face. She says, "See, you're so weirded out by the second reason, you've gone so quiet." With Piccolo still in disbelief, she says, "Just forget it." Piccolo tenses up after hearing her say "Forget it." He pulls her to his chest. Janet was surprised. Piccolo says, "What a silly thing. I'm not upset, just shocked. Just promise me one thing..... Janet says, "What?" Piccolo kisses her forehead and says, "One, never be afraid to tell me anything. Two, stay where I can see you and make sure you're never in the danger zone." Janet smiles and says, "I promise." As she hugged him, Piccolo started to feel hot all over and he thought, "She's too much." So, Piccolo decided to take Janet to his home. As they flew towards Piccolo's home, Janet started to get a call on her and decided to ignore it. Janet was amazed by the landscape and Piccolo's home as they landed. She says, "Wow!! It's so beautiful out here. It's like a beautiful oasis." Piccolo chuckled and said, "I'm glad you like it, now wait inside while I stench and wait for Gohan." Janet says, "Okay." As he went outside, Janet looked around his house. Janet was astounded. As she walked in, she stood in the middle of the floor and started to float. Janet was shocked and ended up going to the upstairs of his house. She looked around and saw some Penenko plushies, she giggled and thought, "He must've got them all from Pan. What a cute family relationship they have." She then looked at the throne.

She questions, "What would he need a throne for?" She then looks at it and says, "Well, whatever reason it is, this is so beautiful and comfy." As she sits in it, she happens to look out the window and sees Piccolo stretching. She is just ogling over him and happy to see him this way. As he finishes, he looks up at the window where she is, he smiles at her. Janet started to blush and giggle profusely. She was just so enamored by him and his desire to be a great warrior and lover for her and his friends. As she was lovestruck by Piccolo, her phone started to ring. As she picked up, she heard her sister's voice, Anya. Anya shouted over the phone, "Hello, Janey!! Guess what???" Janet sighs and says enthusiastically annoyed, "What is the news, big sis?" Anya says, "I can tell you're not as excited as I am." Janet says, "Well, it's just when you call, you expect me to be happy with everything you do. But when I do it, my happiness gets shot down." Janet waits for her sister's response. Anya sighs and says, "Look, I'm sorry sis. I just still feel unsettled by you living in West City. I just get frustrated, I'm your big sis, it's my job to protect you from harm as much as I can." Janet says, "I realize that, but it doesn't mean smother me. I'm fine, but before you forget why you called me, what did you want to talk to me about?" Anya says, "I am coming to West City for a visit!!! Doesn't that sound fun?" Janet's mood shifted into a fearful mood. She asks her sister, "Wait! When? Why? And I thought you were about the city?!" Anya says, "Yeah, I'm still unsure about the city, but I wanted to see my sweet baby sis and her new boyfriend. Besides, I want to see how you are living and wanted to ask about your job. So, how do you feel about that?"

Janet gulped hard and said, "Anya, I will say this, when you come to my house I expect you to be a little less judgmental and a little more supportive, including my boyfriend." Anya says, "What do you mean? I know you're still upset about my view of West City but why would I judge your living and boyfriend?" Janet sighs and says, "I just feel you will, so can you promise you will have an open mind when you choose to visit." Anya says confidently, "I promise I will do my best." Janet says, "Fine. When are you coming to the city?" Anya says, "In about three days." Janet says, "Okay, I'll see you then." After the conversation, Janet screamed. Piccolo became startled and ran into the house to check on Janet. Piccolo shouts, "Janet! what's wrong?" Janet looked at Piccolo with the biggest smile on her face and said, "Honey, when you come back from training, can we talk?" Piccolo says, "Yes, but why not now?" Before she could say anything, they both heard Gohan's voice. He says, "Hey Piccolo, you ready?" As they did, Janet sighed and said, "Piccolo, it's something personal and I want you to enjoy training. So, go ahead, we will talk whenever you come back, okay?" She kisses his cheek. As he flies away with Gohan, Janet sighs and walks towards the pond. She sits next to it and looks into the pond. She says, "Oh Piccolo, I hate this for you. I promised you to tell you about my life, but the history between me and my sister is just so.. messy and difficult. I love you so much, but I wonder if you will feel the same when you meet her."

During Training

Piccolo and Gohan were sparring and fighting in the air. As Piccolo was stretching his arms out for a long-distance attack, he saw a vision of Janet crying and a dark figure saying, "You are a monster!! You took our parents from us!! You should just die!!" As Piccolo was distracted, Gohan shouted, "Masenko!!! Ha!!!" When the blast was hurled towards Piccolo, he dodged it. Gohan was confused and thought, "What's going on? Piccolo never dodges my attacks. He usually deflects my attack and usually critiques it." As Gohan tries to go talk to him, Piccolo snaps out of the thought. Piccolo says, "Not bad, Gohan. Let's go, again!" Gohan asks, "You sure? Do you seem out of it? We can always take a break if you want." Piccolo shouts, "No!!! We need to train!" As Piccolo gets ready, Gohan thinks, "Whatever is on his mind, he won't be able to focus on training unless he faces it." For about four hours, the rocky plains where Piccolo and Gohan trained, became just rubble and pebbles. Both exhausted and tired out, Gohan suggested, "You think we should stop for today?" Piccolo says, "Fine." They sit among the rocks and Gohan asks, "Hey Piccolo, call me crazy but it seems like you have something bothering you?" Piccolo sighed and told Gohan what was wrong. Gohan says, "Well, I can understand why you may be nervous, but I'm sure Janet would explain to her." Piccolo says, "But what if she doesn't care? She could just be afraid and just lash out. I wouldn't blame her." Gohan sighs and says, "But you think that you will lose Janet because of her sister's outlook on you." Piccolo sighs and says, "I feel so weak but I feel so hurt." Gohan says, "You're not weak, this is the first time you've ever been in love and you don't want to lose that. I felt the same way when Videl was killed by Majin Buu. When she was gone, Mr. Satan was shouting and getting so upset, I thought when she came back to life, he would've forbidden me to see her again." Piccolo sighed. Gohan says, "So, you can see what happened. But, this is Janet's choice to have you in her life, not her sister's."

Piccolo says, "Yeah, I know. I just don't want to cause any unsettling things for them or between them." Gohan says, "Well, you will have to talk to Janet about this." As they fly back, Piccolo lands and walks towards his home. When he walks in, he sees Janet asleep on the couch. As he looked at her, he smiled at her and kissed her on her forehead. Piccolo says quietly, "Good night, my queen."