Chapter Ten: Vacation with Pan and Piccolo

Friday

Gohan walks into the kitchen and picks up Videl, and spins her around. As Gohan puts her down, he kisses the side of her face and says, "Happy Anniversary!" Videl smiles and says, "Happy Anniver.... oh no!!" Gohan asks, "What's wrong?" Videl says, "I forgot to ask Chi Chi if she could watch Pan for the weekend!" Videl starts panicking and pacing back and forth in the kitchen. Gohan says, "Maybe we should take her with us." Videl says, "No way!! What I have planned for our anniversary is just for us. Because ever since you started deep with your biological work, you and I haven't had alone time in months!" Gohan rubbed his neck nervously. Videl sighed. Gohan thinks, "Damn it! I want to ask Piccolo so badly. But, after him getting with Janet, he might not watch Pan and probably has plans, too.

Meanwhile... At Piccolo's Place

He was meditating outside and training himself in his mind. Then, he hears his phone vibrate. So, he decides to fly down from his spot on the mountain to his home. Before he walked towards his house, he groans and says, "If this is about watching Pan because Gohan is busy, I'm going make his training a living hell." Once he got into his house, he saw the person who was calling was Janet. As he picks up....

Janet: Hello Piccolo. How are you today?

Piccolo: I'm doing well, Janet.

Janet giggles: You sound so formal. I want to ask you something, if you don't mind.

Piccolo: You can ask me anything.

Janet: Well, I was wondering... if you wouldn't mind staying with me for this weekend. I had plans to go on a picnic, maybe catch a movie, and maybe talk about a couple of things? If that's okay. I hope I'm not coming off too forward.

Piccolo: No, not at all. Besides, I'm the one who stayed in your house at night. But are you sure you want me with you, alone and at night?

Janet: Piccolo, you're doing the "Are you sure you want me around" again. You know, I want to be around you anytime.

Piccolo: Oh well.... sure.

Janet: Great! Come at 11 o'clock.

As they both hung up, both started blushing profusely. Once Janet got off the phone, she started to get dressed in some clothes for a picnic. She started looking for either a dress or an outfit.

Meanwhile... At Piccolo's Place

After he got off the phone, he was just about leaving out of his house until he heard his phone ring again. He over to it and saw it was a video call. When he picked it up, it was Gohan. Piccolo says, "Gohan? What are you calling for? Is there something wrong?" Gohan says, "Huh? No. But I do have to ask you something." Piccolo gets irked and asks, "What is it?" Gohan chuckles nervously and explains to Piccolo about how they forgot to get a babysitter for Pan while they go on their anniversary trip and wanted to ask Piccolo to babysit her for the weekend. Piccolo grumbles and breathes out.

Piccolo says, "So, instead of planning for Pan's babysitter, you chose to ask me?" Gohan says, "Well, yes. Only because whenever I don't let mom know in advance, she shouts at me and Mr. Satan is out of town. Come on, Piccolo." Piccolo says, "I had plans with Janet, now I have to babysit as well?!" Gohan sweats profusely and says nervously, "Yeah." As soon as he said that, Videl grabbed the phone from Gohan. Videl says, "I know, I know, Piccolo. I'm sorry we ask so much of you. But, it's been a while since me and Gohan have had alone time. Please, Piccolo? Please!!!!!" Piccolo sighs, and before he can give an answer, Janet calls him back. He puts them on hold and speaks with Janet

Janet: Sorry for calling again, I just wanted to let you know that if it is OK, can you bring some water?

Piccolo: Sure(in a solemn way)