06 // Bride-to-be

It's been two weeks since they announced my wedding date, and I was officially getting married in a week.

Yes, my wedding was a week from now, and I was going through the hell of looking for a wedding dress with my sister.

My mother hasn't been speaking to me since I broke her China set, the only time she said something was when she suggested designing traditional attires for the wedding instead of having a white wedding. And when I turned down her idea, she resumed the silent treatment.

I was being forced into this marriage, the least they could do is give me a perfect wedding.

We already picked a venue for the reception, the wedding was obviously going to be held at the church.

"You are serious about marrying this guy, aren't you?" Ivy asked, while rocking the baby on her chest.

"Does it look like I have a choice?"

"If I were you, I would have run away."

I glared at my sister. "Seriously, Ivy? We both know that if this was your wedding, and you chose to run away, they would still force me to get married in your place."

She threw her head back and laughed, reffing herself when the baby squirmed. "That's true. Shhh..."

"Greetings!" The owner of the dress shop cheered as she strolled into the waiting room.

"Hi." "Hello." Ivy and I greeted simultaneously.

"Thank you for choosing Fabulous Brides for your wedding dress. Uhm... which one of you is the bride?"

My sister and I exchanged a look, and she turned to the lady with a semi-excited look. "Who do you think is the bride?" She asked.

The lady grimaced. "Well, usually, it is the most excited person in the room. But in this case..." She trailed off, looking in my direction. "I'd say it's the most miserable person in the room." She threw me an apologetic look.

My sister laughed, she was having a fit out of my misery.

"What about you? Are you the maid of honour?"

Ivy's eyes widened and she shook her head frantically. "What? Me? No! Oh, my word. My mother would have a stroke. I'm the bride's sister. Anyway, don't you guys offer snacks or something?" I turned to her in embarrassed shock. "What?" She shrugged. "I need a snack every now and again when I breastfeed this one. Right, Angel?" Her three-month-old baby cooed as if she was the one going to eat the snacks. "That's right."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Uhm... I'll get someone to get you some snacks and beverages."

Ivy placed baby Angel back on the stroller and sat down, averting her attention to me. "Do you know what kind of dress you are looking for?" She asked with a warm smile.

I swear, this is the nicest and most supportive my sister has ever been to me. If I didn't know any better, I would say she was trying to get rid of me.

"Here are your snacks."

My sister checked the lady's name tag and smiled. "Thank you, Janice."

"You are welcome. Are we ready to pick our fabulous fit?" Janice asked.

"I was just asking her the same thing!" Ivy chimed in.

I rose to my feet and nearly bowled out from insecurities when Janice's eyes trailed over my body in such scrutiny.

"You have such a beautiful body, you would look totally amazing in anything. Tell me, do you want something that will hug your body-"

"Oh, no!" Ivy cut in. "Honey, we come from a Christian family, do you see how she is dressed?" The lady's eyes did a once-over again, and then turned to my sister. "Plus, she is marrying a pastor's son."