46 // Eternal

Everything was perfect. The food, the decor, my traditional attire. It was everything I'd dreamed of, and more.

Nonetheless, not even that could stop the nerves from gnawing at my stomach.

"Will you stop looking out the window, Silas already said they were on the way," Ivy scolded.

I had the urge to chew at my fingernails, a habit I acquired after we were discharged from the hospital, but my sister had saved the day with these uncomfortable fake nails. "What's taking them so long? What if he changed his mind?"

Karabo scoffed. "Come on, who are you fooling? We all know Sy is head over heels in love with you, and he has been dreaming of this day for months now," she said, strolling into the room with my baby cushioned on her protruding belly. "Now, sit and feed my godson, will you?"

I closed the curtain with a sigh and plopped on the bed. Karabo placed a now seven months old Mpilo in my arms, and he wiggled his arms and legs when he saw me, his happy face bringing a smile to my own. I pulled up the white t-shirt and breastfed him, his hazel eyes never leaving mine as he drank hungrily.

"Slow down," I said even though I knew it was pointless. The way this little boy ate surprised me every single time. Mpilo was the exact replica of his father, he looked exactly the way Sy was when he was a baby.

We had gone to explore his childhood home, and I just fell head over heels in love with him all over again. His old room was not any different from our current bedroom before Mpilo and I crashed in and took over, Sy was always a klutz when it came to his room, which was surprising because his kitchen was always spotless and neat. We spent the entire day there yesterday, reminiscing about his childhood.

I fell in love with myself again through his desire for me after struggling with my body image for months, I was insecure since my body had changed so much due to the pregnancy. But to him, I'd grown even more beautiful and sexy, and he never failed to remind me every single day.

It was the first time we were alone and uninterrupted, and we made love for the first time in months, and for the life of me, I would never repeat the things he did to me to anyone even if I was under a tell-it-all spell.

"Why are you blushing?" I looked up to see Ivy and Karabo watching me, and my face heated up even worse. "Look at you!" Karabo teased, leaning back on the swing chair while rubbing her belly.

"You are the one to talk, look at how you are glowing!" Ivy remarked, sending a knowing look in Karabo's direction.

Karabo squealed, burying her face in her palms before coming up with confidence. "What can I say? Happiness looks good on me, and it sure as hell feels good!"

I grinned from ear to ear, feeling blessed to be part of their journey. Karabo and Daniel got married five months ago, and they were expecting their first child together. The most amazing thing was how supportive Mpilo's parents were, and how much Daniel loved Karabo and Mpilo's daughter as if she was his own.

I was the only unmarried woman in this room, my sister had also tied the knot two weeks ago, and she was in her soft life era after inheriting my aunt's house and car, as well as part of her inheritance from our father.

Ivy was never in a rush to get married, one might even say that she was relieved back then when her lobola negotiations were postponed, but I also think that she was pushed by the stigma of the youngest daughter getting married before the eldest daughter. I was just glad that they loved each other and were happy together.

My relationship with my sister was a bit strained days after our father's death, especially after she told me how our visit to the Sangoma was a hoax to divert my attention from him, and how the lady had burnt to death for trying to warn me by going against my father's instructions. But I didn't want to live my life being constantly angry with everyone.