Chapter 2

It was Chaerin's time for her early jog. She put on her shoes and her headphones listening to her hiphop songs. Yes, the ice princess likes hiphop as her favorite genre especially Leessang songs. Looking at her watch, it was 4:30am. She decided to jog near Han River. After one hour she stops and sat at one of the benches to take a breather. DBSK's song 'Wasurenaide' suddenly played on her ipod. As random as her playlist, her mind wondered to a place she wants to burry 6 feet under.

**"Two days to go!!!" Yelled the young Chaerin.

"What about it?"

"ehh?! You don't know?"

"hmm... nope. Is there anything special on that day?"

"Nothing. Nothing special."

Chaerin pouted and fasten her phase. She can't believe he doesn't even know what's with that day. So disappointed she felt like a big stone was on top of her chest. She felt like crying but she should not be expecting anything. Until she felt a warm hand were wrapped around her waist.

"Should we go to an amusement park on that day to celebrate the birth of the prettiest girl ever born?"**

Chaerin snapped back as she felt warm streams leaking out of her eyes. Those memories still haunts her even years have passed.

"Pathetic."

She decided to come two hours early to work more than her usual time to put her nose on those pile of paper works than sulk at her apartment.

"Oh you're early."

"And you're late. I'll give you 15 minutes to give me my schedule today."

"No need for that Miss Lee. Here's your schedule today..."

Chaerin just smirked at Seunghyun's professionalism. She didn't have a doubt to hire him as her secretary as first. They knew each other for more than ten years and she knows he knew her than anybody else. He was her childhood friend. However there is one thing that Chaerin was curious about. After he gave her schedule for the day, Chaerin shot him a question.

"Thank you Secretary Choi. Since nothing seems to be exciting today why don't you take the day and go for a date?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that Miss Lee."

"eeh?! Why not? It's a nice weather today according to the news. Take her for a stroll."

"As much as I want to but I don't have someone to go to."

"eii~ you, a healthy 30 year old guy with that kind of face don't have some one? Stop the act secretary Choi."

"It's true Miss Lee. How about the intelligent 28 year old with a body and face like that? Does she need to take a day off as well?"

Chaerin just shoot daggers at her secretary. She knew at that time they were talking as friends. She just couldn't find anything to counter his statement.

"I'll go get your coffee."

-------

"Mom I know it's now due. But what can I do? I won't be paid until 15th of this month."

"How about your savings? Can't you borrow a small amount for the meantime? I'll definitely pay it Jiyong-ah."

"I can't do that Mom. All of my savings and bank books are with Kiko."

"what?! Even your personal savings? How can you live like that Jiyong? You should at least save something for yourself!"

"Mom you know how much Kiko wants to get..."

"forget it Jiyong-ah. I'm so disappointed on how you turned out. You are doing much better when you are here. Just forget we had this conversation!"

Jiyong stood there listening to the beeps signaling that the line has been disconnected. No one expect that it will be like this, not even him. He thought he made the right decision on coming with Kiko in this country. He was deceived on how well off the country was. And Jiyong really proved that it is really different when you are actually living with someone than being with them. As of the moment, he felt like he entered his own personal hell. He felt betrayed with what's happening now.

**"You are up for another promotion? Wow! You are really skillful Jiyong!"

"of course I am! How about you? I bet you can step up as well."

"nah~ I don't think so. I'll cheer for your interview for this promotion and I'm happy with that!"

"aww~ thank you my Hun-Chae. With your cheer I'll definitely get this position."**

A shout snapped Jiyong with his thoughts.

"Hey Jiyong Kwon! Are you gonna go back to work or are you gonna look for a new one?!"

"oh! Im really sorry. I'm coming now!"

------

"Miss Lee, Director Kang is now about to see you."

"Tell me Secretary Choi, this meeting, will it be the same thing as the last one I had with Director Kang?"

"To be honest Miss Lee I am not 100% sure about that. But I know that if he has time, he'll talk about that as well."

"Send him in."

Director Kang entered Chaerin's Office.

"Good Morning Miss Lee. How are you..."

"Can we cut the greeting? I know why you're here Director Kang."

"Miss Lee..." He tried to put a document at chaerin's desk.

"I'm not interested with the contents of that folder Director Kang."

"But hear me out Miss Lee. This will be the company's future. Our company has branches on all of the continents except for this one. And you know there are a lot of companies swarming over us and wanted to be with us to launch it there."

"Director Kang, didn't you heard what I just said? Alright, it seems like you didn't. I said no. And even before you proposed this project, I already studied the facts before hand. And I think it will be a foolish idea. Our reputation will be at stake and as well as our company."

Director Kang's mouth was left hanging with Chaerin's fierceness.

"If you have nothing more to say you can leave my office."

After he left the office, Chaerin massaged her temples. That conversation gives her headaches. She continued to work and read all the papers and emails in front of her. Night comes, SeungHyun then entered her office with the envelope.

"Miss Lee."

"What's this Secretary Choi?"

"It is the proposal of Director Kang..."

"What? Even You? How many times do I have to tell you I don't have any plans on stepping a foot on that damn country and even this company!"

"I understand that. But this time I'm not talking to you as your secretary, right now I'm a friend Chaerin-ah. Please take a look at the document. I'll leave this here and let me know what you think."

Chaerin couldn't handle it anymore and it shows in her face that she is totally annoyed with what is happening. Even her trusted secretary slash friend is being pry with the idea. Before Secretary Choi turned his back, Chaerin read the documents. Upon scanning it, one of her eye brows raised. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her annoyed face turned into a mischievous one.

"So this is how it is huh? Secretary Choi, set me a meeting with Directory Kang first thing in the morning and get ready to go to Australia."