Chapter 8

Seunghyun noticed that Chaerin has been silent throughout the ride back to the hotel. She didn't mutter a single word and just looking out the window. Just outside her hotel room.

"Seunghyunnie?"

"Yes Chaerin-ah?

"I almost fell on his trap again. I-I almost tear up w-when I saw him with her. I can't stand looking at h-his face. I-i..."

Chaerin was shaking as she stood still in her front door. Seunghyun knew exactly how to calm her and put her back to her senses. He guide Chaerin inside her room and make her sit by the edge of her bed. Seunghyun pick up the hotel phone and ordered something. A couple of minutes passed the bell boy arrived with Seunghyun's order.

"Here."

He handed her a tall glass of ice cold beer. That's her routine. Everytime she's tensed and out of focus, only a glass of beer will make her back on track. She immediately gulped down the first glass then proceeds with the second one. Little by little, she became calm and Seunghyun kneeled in front of her and rested one of his hands to Chaerin's lap.

"How is it?"

"it's delicious."

"I'm glad you liked it. Just finish that glass then go to bed."

Seunghyun stood up and head for the door. But before he reaches for the knob, Chaerin hugged his back which left Seunghyun stunned.

"Thank you Seungyunnie~ thanks for keeping me on track."

He turns around to face her with Chaerin's hand still on his waist. He held Chaerin's face to look at her orbs.

"Are you sure you still want to do this?"

"Yes. Promise me one thing Seunghyun...please don't leave me on this journey."

"I won't ever do that Chaerin-ah. I've always been by your side and I'll always be. You've done so much today. Sleep now cos we're still on battle."

"Okay. Goodnight."

Seunghyun headed back to his own hotel room but he finds it hard to sleep with what happened to Chaerin today. He helps himself with a glass of wine while listening to his favorite songs.

"You don't have to do this to yourself Chaerin-ah. I can help you forget the pain he caused you. You just need to be with me."

He always has this feeling for Chaerin. Seunghyun never denied it but she can't see it even if he's right in front of her. Little that Seunghyun know, Chaerin is having a hard time sleeping as well. She's now sitting at her hotel room's balcony holding the folded paper Jiyong gave her. She dialed the number but she's having second thoughts on whether to call him or not. After minutes of contemplating, she can now hear the other line ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi..."

"Chaerin-ah?"

It seems that Jiyong was really expecting her to call him. There was an awkward silence between them but Jiyong didn't mind it. He missed her. Just being on the phone with her makes him feel like he is home.

"I'm sorry for calling at this wee hour."

"it's fine Chaerin-ah. I just... being on the phone with you now... I like it."

"Where are you at? Are you home?"

"Home? I'm at my apartment but not my home."

"Is that so?...well I was just wondering if... since I have free day until tomorrow, can you give me a tour to the city? I mean, you've been here longer so I'm guessing you know almost all of the places here."

"Sure. I'd love to."

"Wait, how about your work?"

"I can arrange something about that."

"Great. Is there anything you want me to prepare?"

"hmm... Just bring HunChae tomorrow not the Ice Princess."

Chaerin know exactly what Jiyong meant. She's having second thoughts if she'll agree or decline it.

"I can't promise you that Mr. Kwon."

"You don't need to make any promises Chaerin-ah. i...I'm really glad you called. I hope I can make it up to you somehow."

"There's no need for that Mr. Kwon."

"When will you call me Jingyo again?"

"...Maybe not."

"HunChae..."

"What time tomorrow? Would you prefer early morning? Your car or my car?"

"I'll fetch you on your hotel tomorrow by 5am; we'll be using no cars."

"5 am? That's so early!"

"Were going on another adventure HunChae."

"I'll see you..."