Chapter 26

"You're... pregnant?"
"Yeah!" Chaerin said cheerfully as she munches down her pizza.
"but..."
"Why do I sense dissapointment?" Chaerin asked with her mouth full.
"No! I'm not. Its just- that's another responsibility Chaerin."

Seunghyun replied as he try his best to control his emotions and not to make Chaerin feel that her being pregnant was a terrible idea. He is againts the Jiyong-Chaerin situation since, one; he loves Chaerin and has never loved other woman, two; when he first met Jiyong, he knew that he won't bring her happiness and peace of mind. In fact he knows Jiyong will just hurt her.

"I know... and its a blessing too" Chaerin said as she hovers her hand on her tummy. "You'll be his godfather!"

Seunghyun can see how happy Chaerin is as she rubs her tummy. He chooses not to say anything against it as he can see Chaerin's joy. It is and will always be his priority- her happiness.

"Have you told him about it?"
"Uhm... no. Not yet."
"You're two months pregnant and he still haven't got a clue?"
"yeah..." she replied softly as she shakes her head.

Seunhyun looks at her while she play with the hem of her shirt. Thats what she does whenever shes under pressure or stress. He knows that there is something going on with them. Seunghyun held her hand to stop her from fidgetting.

"Is something wrong?"
"No..." she weakly smiled.

He continue to stare at her. She sigh in defeat.

"I... I can't feel him." she said.
"You can elaborate more."
"I mean, he's so distant. Eventhough we are together it seems that he is thinking of something. And I dont know if its just me; whenever I want to share with him what happened to me at work he'll just ignore it or he will change the subject."

By that time, Chaerin quits her previous job, where she and Jiyong met, for a better offer and opportunity. She is now an executive secretary of a CEO of a big company.

"And when I told him about my new job the first thing that he asked was if I would be paid fairly. Then when he found out that I am paid double of what he is getting, thats when he started changing."

"You mentioned to me that before you left your previous job, he was trying so hard to be promoted?" Seunghyun asked.
"Yeah."
"And you even missed your chance to be promoted."

Before Chaerin left their previous company, she was recommended by her own manager and also by the higher management to be promoted since they see her competency to grow. However Chaerin declined the offer as she doesn't want to be a hindrance with Jiyong's dreamed promotion.

"I dont want to be the reason why he can't get what he is dreaming of. And I want to support him any way possible."
"And by supporting him that means sacrificing your career growth and chance to have a higher salary."

"And he got what it takes! Besides he got promoted now."

Seunghyun just sigh in defeat.

"And why do I feel like you are having second thoughts." Seunghyun asked as he pours himself some wine.
"Im not... i'll definitely tell him. But... not now."

---
A couple of weeks passed, Jiyong still has been like a ghost to Chaerin. She's going on her third month of pregnancy with their baby but he still got no idea that he'll be a father in the next 6 months.

Chaerin was out by herself at a mall since it was her day off at work. Much to her annoyance because it has been 2 days since Jiyong last contacted her. She can't remember anything she did that would make him upset and even if she does something, she's sure Jiyong and her will patch it up. Going around the mall without any plans, she hops at every single stall there is until she saw a very familiar figure. She was about to take a step closer, until an arm were wrapped around that familiar figure's waist and does the same thing. Chaerin didn't dare to take another step as she saw the familiar figure kiss the other one at the cheeks. As blurry as her mind, her eyes are all leaking. She stay fixed at the spot as she saw the other one walked away for the cashier. The familiar figure looked around saw her, still embedded at the same spot.