Chapter 29

Jiyong was taken aback with Yoochun’s action towards Chaerin - questions flooded his mind.

“And who do we have here?”

Yoochun asked as he noticed Jiyong staring at him completely stirred-up. Chaerin saw Jiyong’s change of mood and she knows she needs to do something about it.

“Oh! Director Park, this is Director Lee’s secretary slash Acting Director, Kwon Jiyong. Seretary Kwon, this is Director Park Yoochun – he is in charge of the Japan Branch.”

“It’s my pleasure to meet you Secretary Kwon.” Yoochun stick his hands out for a shake.

“Like wise” Jiyong said as he reached for Yoochun’s hand.

“Just wondering though, is Secretary Kwon here to take place Secretary Choi’s position? I don’t see him around.”

Jiyong is definitely not feeling this guy in front of them. He felt that this guy’s really has something but he is still not sure what. But what Jiyong’s sure of, Director Park has some arrogance in him.

“No. Secretary Choi is on his way to Madrid to check the branch there. AND…” Chaerin emphasized the last word. “This guy right here.” She placed her hand on Jiyong’s shoulder. “Helped us in sealing the 500 million dollar deal with Mr. Makoto and it seems that Makoto-san really can’t get enough of this man. That’s why he requested for Secretary Kwon to be here.”

Chaerin turned her head to Jiyong then smiled. Though they are in that situation, it’s inevitable for Jiyong to be captivated with the way she is smiling at him. His heart fluttered and wanted to stop time. Pull her close to give her a sweet peck on her lips but a low baritone voice wakes him up with his mini day dream.

“Oh wow! That is just amazing! As I’ve heard Makoto-san is really hard to please. I am impressed and if that would be the case, you should teach me how you did that. I know Makoto-san and I will have a lot of interaction.”

“Well, were still looking on who might handle this project but for now, Director Park – I need updates here.”

“Certainly Miss Lee.”

The three proceed to one of the conference room of the building while Director Park leading the way. As they walk, Jiyong can sense a different air around Chaerin and Yoochun. The way Yoochun look at Chaerin as if he wanted to pounce on her and devour her entire body.

Jiyong and Chaerin is seated beside each other and Director Park sat across them. He was about to start to update Chaerin when Jiyong excused himself to use the restroom.  He cannot take the atmosphere building up inside the room. Walking on the hallways, he whipped his phone out and called the person that can answer all of his queries.

“Hyuuuung~ What is up?!” A semi drunk Seungri answered the phone.

“Park Yoochun.”

“Oh! So you’ve met the guy? How is he?”

“I wouldn’t ask you with this kind of tone if I find him pleasing.” Jiyong said as he continues to pace back and forth.

“Whoa. You need to chill a bit Hyung. I want you to take a deep breath and think of happy thoughts.”

“What the hell Seungri?! Just answer my question!”

“Well, what I’m about to tell you might blow your mind.”

“I’m hanging up.”

“Wait Hyung! Wait! Those two used to date.”

“What?! You mean to say-“

“They had a couple of dinners before BUT I assure you it is not mutual.”

“So what you’re trying to say Chaerin tried to date that annoying twat?”

“Yeah. However it seems that she still can’t get over the biggest twat she knew. Trust me hyung Director Park doesn’t have a game to play with her. No worries!”

Jiyong was rest assured that Chaerin doesn’t have any feelings for Yoochun but still want to have his guard up as he still doesn’t trust him with anything. 

“I’m glad to hear that…”

“Yes Hyung! Don’t worry about a damn thing.”

“So ‘biggest twat’ eh?”

“Oh… uhm. I used that to emphasize…” Seungri was lost in words.

“’Emphasize’ eh.”

“Sorry hyung! I got a meeting to run to! Bye!”

As usual, Jiyong was weirded out with the way Seungri hangs up.

“He’s drunk. What meeting is he talking about?” Jiyong shakes his head and thought “What a moron.”

“Woohoo!! Australian girls are the bomb!! Haha!”

That’s Seungri yelling while walking towards Seunghyun. They are now at a bar as Seunghyun sulk in on his seat.

“How could you party like this when you know Chaerin might be in trouble?!”

“What? What are you…? Oh God! You two are impossible!”

“Me and Chaerin?” The older on asked.

“No! Well, Jiyong hyung just called me and acting the same way as you are!”

“And why is that moron trying to call you?”

“Because he just met a gorgeous looking man that wants to seize Chaerin with the way that he looks at her.”

“So he met Director Park? Dammit! Now I don’t wanna go to Madrid!”

“You two have to chill. You are panicking for nothing! Don’t you trust Chaerin?”

Back to Japan, the meeting just ended and its lunch time. Yoochun invited the two for lunch at Chaerin’s favorite diner while waiting for their orders, Chaerin excused herself to the ladies room.

“So Secretary Kwon, how long have you known Miss Lee?”

“Hmm. For almost 10 years. Why’d you asked?”

“And I really can’t shake you off, can I?”

“Excuse me?” Jiyong asked puzzled.

“I have been trying to have some alone time with Miss Lee for some time now and there you are still trying to cling on to her.”

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you do that.”

“And why is that?”

“It’s because I am her secretary while I’m here. So I need to be wherever she is.”

Yoochun scoffs with his statement as if Jiyong muttered a funny joke.

“Maybe because you knew that we had a couple of dates before and you two were together years back? Is that it? Am I messing up your chance with her?”

Jiyong looked at Yoochun then he laughs hysterically. Jiyong reached for a glass of water to drink and made sure he’s calmed down before he speak again.

“What’s so funny?” A pissed off Yoochun asked.

“Or is it the other way around?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How about some intense drama on the 30th chapter?

missed you guys! <3

--xxMileng