Chapter 27

Back to the present time…

“I don’t understand. You said they had a relationship 8 years ago and it lasted for 4 years… b-but Jiyong and I had lasted 8 years. How come…”

Kiko stuttered as she try to keep up with what Seungri just told.

“Does that mean that…”
“As ugly as it sounds but yeah. While Hyung and Chaerin were together, he was with you as well” Seungri said while he sips his iced tea.
“Wait. What? What are you trying to say? That I was the other woman?” Kiko said infuriated.
“Well before asking that, have you ever wondered how you and Hyung got together? Because as far as I know Jiyong hyung court Chaerin and asked her to be his girlfriend. Did he asked you that?”

Kiko thought deeply; trying to remember if Jiyong did or didn’t asked him until Seungri interjects.

“As I remembered it clearly, when he answered your video call one day you just greeted him a happy monthsary and introduced yourself to everyone as his girlfriend.”

Seungri noticed that Kiko has tears at the sides of her eyes. He didn’t mean to hurt her but he knew that she should know it and in fact she asked for this as well.

“I’m sorry. I know this is all overwhelming but it happened. What happen happened. To be honest I don’t know how to console you since you know for a fact that I am at Chaerin’s side but I just want you to know that I’m not a fan of what Jiyong hyung did. I was annoyed. I was infuriated! He got on my nerves. But I am not in the position to be mad at him. I’m his friend -his bestfriend. My job was to make sure he won’t make any dumb decision. However he didn’t listen to me. Now… it is up to you if you’re gonna forgive him or not.”

Seungri stood up and was about to leave but he stop when Kiko spoke.

“Director Lee, I got one last question.” Kiko said without looking at him.
“Okay. Shoot.”
“As of now… where is Jiyong?”

Seungri looked at his watch as if he is converting time zones.

“Currently I think they are in Japan.”
“They?” Kiko finally looked at Seungri
“Yeah. Jiyong and Chaerin.”

Then Seungri left the cafe with Kiko staring at nothingness. She knew that instead of being focused with work, it seems that she’s more distracted on what she’ve learned.

---

Jiyong is now sitting at a restaurant inside the airport while waiting for their flight. He was scrolling through the reports on his tablet until he felt a presence coming near him. He shot his head up and look around him; he saw Chaerin getting closer and closer from where he’s at, looking fiercely. Jiyong still couldn’t believe that the woman he’s looking at was once his.

“You are early.” Chaerin said looking at him.
“Yeah. I didn’t slept a blink.” Jiyong said rubbing his eyes.
“Excited going in Japan?”
“You bet. You know how much I love that country!”

Jiyong noticed that Chaerin only brought her hand bag and her laptop.

“Did you already checked in?” Jiyong asked.
“No. Not yet.” Chaerin replied with her eyes glued to the restaurant’s menu.
“Then where’s your suitcase at? Don’t you need a change of clothes?”
“Oh I can change clothes at my house.” Chaerin said cooly.
“Okay. Then how can you do that if you didn’t bring any?”
“My clothes are in my house.”
“I mean how?”

Chaerin looked at Jiyong irritably and put down the menu .

“Like I said I can do that in my house. Okay Mr. Kwon are we on the same page here? Cos I don’t think we are.”
“I’m just concerned since we’ll be staying there for a couple of days…”
“Alright. I appreciate the concern but just in case you didn’t know… I have a house in Japan.”