The Truth In Me

All medical words used in the story are purely fictitious. This is not a true representation of medical facts.

Freen POV

My eyes ache. My eyes feel like they're covered with sand. I want to open my eyes, but I can't yet. It is painful. It's quite terrifying. The blackness that surrounds my eyes suffocates me. I can hear footsteps approaching.

Freen, how are you doing?

It is the doctor. I recognized the sound of her voice. So this is how echolocation works. Because of her voice, I know she's there in front of me. "I am okay, Doctor. Just a feeling of a knife trying to disect my eyes. It's nothing" .

The doctor smiles. Yesterday's operation went quite well. Let's take your eyepatch off, even though it looks fantastic on you.

I knew it. You liked me the first time we met. Freen exclaimed.

The doctor chuckles. And when was that, Freen? If I'm not mistaken, we met one month ago, two months after your accident.

Oh, you're right. My gaze never rested on you. That's a shame. I've heard you're rather attractive.

It piques the doctor's interest. Who told you?

Oh, someone is intrigued. That was revealed to me by a sweet nurse with a sweet voice.

Who is she? The physician inquired.

Who is she? How can you be certain she's a she? Freen teased.

Freen, come on. Is it someone I know? The doctor continues asking.

Probably. You both work at the same hospital, in the same department, and on the same shift.

Is it Lisa? Tell me, Freen. Did Lisa tell you? The doctor is thrilled.

It's not. It is Asil. Freen notices the doctor's silence. How you wish it was, Lisa. Is that right, Dr. Jenny? You have a crush on her, don't you?

Asil, who is she? Jenny continued to think until it dawned on her. You jerk. That's Lisa's name spelled backwards. Freen grips her stomach after laughing so hard.

What's going on?

Oh, Lisa. I am delighted that you arrived. I was just telling Dr. Jenny about you.

Really? Lisa turns to face Jenny. Care to share?

.....

Dr. Jenny is just telling me how dedicated you are as a nurse. Isn't that right, Doctor? Freen interjects since she didn't hear Jenny speak.

That's right! You look great today!

Despite the fact that I wear the same outfit every day, I appreciate that Doctor. Lisa smiles, causing the latter to blush. How do you feel right now, Freen?

I'm ok. Thank you, Lisa. Dr. Jenny is an expert with her hands.

I'm sure she is. Lisa smirks.

Jenny's face flushed even more. Ehem... Jenny swallowed and cleared her throat. As I already stated, I will now remove your eye patch. By the way, where is your mother?

Oh, she went to get a cup of coffee. She'll be here any second. She could hear the door opening. I believe that's Mom.

Mrs. Chankimha, good morning. Jenny and Lisa exchange greetings.

Good morning, both of you. Thank you for looking after my daughter.

There's no need to thank us, ma'am. It is our responsibility. I've come to take off the eyepatch.