Just An Ordinary Day

It is a beautiful morning; the sun is up, the sky is clear, and the leaves are swaying in the whistling of the air. Yet she is still inside her car, undecided whether she will go or not. She can't help but envy the passersby making their way to each of their destinations. "I should go now. This is just an ordinary day". She said to herself:

She unlocked her car, breathed deeply, and went straight to the door. She can see the doorbell. She pressed the bell with her trembling hands and prayed that whoever was on the other side would not be the death of her.

Ding dong ding...

"Hey Saint, can you get the door, please? That must be the person Dad is expecting." Saint doesn't move a finger. Heng glared at him. "Get your ass up, or I will tell Nicky what you're doing earlier; that's why you can't answer her call". That stopped Saint from playing Fortnite and made him go straight to the door.

He stopped on his steps and glared back at Heng. "Don't you ever dare tell her I am in the midst of a game when she calls, or there will be World War III". Heng looked straight back at him. Saints fold and ask for mercy. "Please, Heng." Heng chuckled and gave a thumbs up. "Thank you; you're a real brother." Saint clapped his hands and smiled while walking towards the door. He checked the doorbell camera, but the person was facing back. "She has nice hair". Saint thinks to himself. He opened the door and asked the person. "Hi, how can I help? Are you looking for someone?"

The person turned around and smiled. "Hi, I am looking for Mr. Chankimha." She looked straight at Saint but didn't get a response. She waved her hand in front of Saint's face. That made Saint come out of his trance.

Saint was shy but managed to answer. He was just mesmerized by the beauty of the person in front of him. "Sorry about that. It's too early for me to function properly". Saint laughs at himself. "May I know who's looking for him?"

"Please tell him it's .....Mon, Mon Kornkamon. Thank you. Is he there?" Mon gave her hand for Saint to shake.

Hi, Mon. Uncle is expecting you. Please come inside." Saint let her in and closed the door. "Please sit here. I will call him."

Mon, look around. She finds the place comforting. The colors of the wall are cream with a touch of gray. There are sparkling chandeliers that decorate the high ceiling. The stairs leading to the second floor were designed elegantly, which adds to the charm of the place.

Saint hurriedly walked to Heng in the kitchen. "Heng, you never said you were expecting an angel". Saint's face was flushed. "She's beautiful". Saint was starstruck.

"Who's beautiful?" Mike asked.

"Oh, hi Dad. I never saw you coming. Saint here saw your guest, and he's on cloud nine right now because he was so mesmerized by her beauty". Heng told his dad.

"Yes, she is pretty". Heng raised an eyebrow at his dad. "But of course, no one is prettier than your mom!" Mike said. He sees approval from his son. "Have you seen her, my guest?" Mike asked Heng.

"Not yet. I will finish making this pasta, then I'll meet her. Should I call Freen now?" Heng asked his dad.

"Maybe when you're done, you can call her and take her with you". He approached Saint and tapped his shoulder. "Saint, are you okay? You look bewitched".

"Hi Uncle. When did you arrive?" Mike shook his head.

"I'll go now." Mike walks to the sofa. He sees the girl and clears his throat when he's almost there so he won't startle her guest, whose back is facing him. "Hi, again. Please sit". Mike commands when he sees Mon standing up. "How are you? We were expecting you yesterday, but I am glad you decided to meet today because this house was in chaos yesterday". Mike laughs, which makes Mon smile.

"I feel awful leaving you hanging yesterday. I'm glad I shouldn't be after all. I just had to finalize some things yesterday, Mon says remorsefully.

Mike smiled. "Don't worry, Mon, it's fine. By the way, care for a drink? Would you like soda, juice, or maybe coffee?"

"Water is enough, thank you." Mike stands up and nods, leaving her for a moment. She can hear commotion in the kitchen and was about to go there, but something or someone stopped her. She saw her! She will really need lots of water. What an ordinary day to start!