Did We Make It?

Becky pushed open the door. She noticed Freen on the bed. Her face has a serene expression. Becky still doesn't understand how Freen can keep something so important from her. Lisa claims the surgery was a success; may something happen along the way that causes Freen to go blind once more?

BB, what are you thinking? Even though you're not saying anything, I can hear your worried thoughts.

Freen had been awake the entire time. She anticipates Becky's arrival. She suspects Becky is aware of something that bothers her greatly.

I hadn't noticed you were awake, but I'm delighted you are now. I was missing you.

I wish I could say the same, but you're always in my thoughts and dreams; you occupy my mind and heart.

Sweet talker. You constantly say you're not excellent with words, yet when you spill one, no one can resist your charm.

But it's true, BB.

And you are my world, babe. But....

Why is there a but? Freen burst out laughing.

I have complete faith in you, but I do have a question for you. Please be really honest with me. I'm sure you must have a reason.

You may ask me anything, BB. Don't be afraid. Nothing can separate us.

I met Lisa, and she told me something. She stated that you had surgery and that you can see.

Freen remained silent.

Babe, say anything. I'm not going to judge you. I just want to know the truth.

What a small world it is! Freen removes her glasses. She fixed her gaze on Becky. It was only recently. It took quite awhile for me to regain my vision.

Why did you hide it from me?

I don't know. I've been longing for your return to my life. It shattered my heart when you left. You don't even say goodbye or explain why you left.

Are you afraid that I will leave you again? Becky asked.

Maybe? Just like you, I just want to know the truth. Why has it taken you 5 years to show up at my door? If you never knew that I was blind, will you ever come back to me? I have so many questions, but I am afraid that they will push you away.

.
.
.
.
.

I had acute myeloid leukemia.

Freen was shocked.

I'm in complete remission now. I'm cancer-free. I am not planning to leave anytime soon. In fact, I am staying with you no matter what. I know I am at fault for not telling you the truth. I was afraid back then that I would not make it, and I don't want you to put your life on hold for me.

Those first few years were difficult for me. With my illness and my parents' deaths, I believed I was going to lose myself as well. But every time I think of you, it gives me hope and fire to carry on with my life. I was fortunate to have my brother and Auntie Mhee with me. They offer me strength when I'm drowning in despair because I miss you and my parents.

Every day of my life, I was working to pick up every piece of myself. I'm trying to forgive myself without blaming myself. I used to believe it was my fault that my parents died. We wouldn't have gone to London if it hadn't been for me.

Freen says nothing. She just stared at Becky as her tears began to pour. Becky leaned out and wiped her tears. The embrace was started by Freen. They are engulfed in silence. They are in their own world. A world with only the two of them. A world filled with love, hope, and faith.

I wanted to tell you everything, BB. Please be patient with me. I'll tell you everything eventually.

I'll be there for you, babe. If you have to keep your secrets from me for the time being, I'm sure you have solid reasons. I'll be here for you when you're ready.

Thank you, BB. I promised; I just worried about your safety.

What do you mean?

Freen kissed Becky's hand. In time, BB.

Becky let it go. She trusted Freen, and she had already pledged to wait. She informed Freen what had happened to her during those five years. Her illness, the death of her parents, her studies, and finally securing a job.

.
.
.
.
.

How did Lisa end up here? Did she and Jenny split up? Freen enquired.

No, they are still together. Lisa had lost her loving grandfather, and she moved here so that she and her mother could heal together. Jenny will eventually transfer here. You know she can't stay away from Lisa.

That's terribly sad. Lisa adores her grandfather so much.

You're right. When she tells a story about her grandfather, you can see the sparkle in her eyes. She promised to come see you soon.

That's excellent to know. We should go out once Jenny comes.

That is what I told Lisa, and she agreed. Why are you looking at me?

Have I ever told you how grateful I am to have you in my life?

Becky was at a loss for words. She is often taken aback by Freen's statements. She's really a whip for Freen.

You had the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. You exude happiness, which keeps me warm whenever I'm with you. I don't think I'll be able to go on living without you. Freen continues to speak while gazing lovingly at Becky.

Then kiss me, Becky dares. And so Freen does it. They exchanged a tender kiss. A kiss that confirmed their love for one another.

The days pass. Lisa paid a visit to Freen, and they bonded like sisters again. They already had plans to go out as soon as Jenny arrived.

The day came when Freen could finally go home. When Freen told his family that Becky already knew that she could see, they were taken aback. She informed them what happened, and they just wish the best for both of them.

While Freen's family was in another car, Freen and Becky shared a ride. Becky was clearly silent, which piques Freen's interest while also making her nervous.

Beck, are you okay?

Yes, I am.

You are deafeningly quiet. Did I offend you in any way? Becky remained silent.

Now Freen is terrified. When they arrived at Freen's house, Becky excused herself to go home.

Just a moment, Beck. Becky's arm was held lightly by Freen. Can you come to my room? I just need to show you something.

Can't it wait? I really need to leave, Freen.

Oh, it'll be quick. I promised. Becky nodded and followed Freen to her room. When they entered the room, Freen hurriedly closed and locked the door. She turned around and was about to hug Beck when she was startled by Becky's next move. Becky slapped her, and both of them are stunned.

----------X----------
🌹How are you doing, guys? Sorry for the recent lack of updates. I wish you all well. Spread love, not hatred. Thank you for reading.🌹🥂