Night out

October 2023

Shana's house

Monday

Moyann's POV

Shana and I are at her house, chilling and chatting while working on assignments.

After leaving class today, we decided to come here because her house is closer to campus. I haven't gotten around to fixing my car, so this way, I would have transportation to and from school every day instead of wasting my money on Uber.

Jess didn't come to school today so she wasn't with us. We called to see why, but all she said was, "She a do a badness," whatever that means.

I was sitting at the table with my laptop doing homework while Shana was across from me arguing with her man on the phone.

*The wul a unno have man problem?*

That's why we Bestfriend's man hate the wul a we

"I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth with you sir. Mi have things to do, and yah waste my time," Shanna said to her boyfriend.

"What kind of things yuh could a have to do Why yuh cya have a simple conversation Mek wi work out whatever the problem is," he replied

The phone was on speaker, so I could hear the whole conversation that was going on.

"Need fi go talk to my other man before him get vex."

"Doe fuck yuh self wid mi shanakay"

"Mi look like mi a play" she said, rolling her eyes as if he could see her.

"Matter a fact, bye," she said before ending the call.

"Why yah duh di man suh Shana," I said, laughing

"Because why him wah sidung pon my phone a argue wid mi like a mi and him buy mi credit."

I considered laughing and turned my attention back to my laptop to finish my work.

Midway into my research, my screen started to buffer. I refreshed the tab, and a *no internet connection* message popped up on the screen. I checked the Wi-Fi, and the name showed up, but it wouldn't let me connect.

"Shana waam to the Wi-Fi?" I asked her, confused

"Wah yuh mean?" she asked me, equally confused.

"It nah mek mi connect it a seh no internet connection."

"Hold on, mek mi try plug it out and plug it back in and see if that works."

She moved to the Wi-Fi box beside the TV and unplugged it before plugging it back in.

"Try connecting back to it now," she said

I clicked on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom of my screen before clicking the name, but I still couldn't connect.

"It still nah work," I said to her.

"Know flow ago Mek mi do them thing," she said

"Try calling them. Maybe it's a power outage or something," I suggested

She picked up her phone before making the call

"Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Flow. My name is Tracy. How may I assist you?"

"Mi Wi-Fi nah work, and mi a try to figure out why cause I know the bill is paid," Shana replied

Nuh likkle nothing bout her. She could at least tell the lady afternoon enuh