Mini vacation

PriceSmart
Friday afternoon
January 2024

Shoota's POV

I stood by the car with my arms opened as she walked towards me, once in my embrace she buried her face in my chest and let out a heavy sigh.

I rubbed small circles around her back and kissed the top of her head.

"You straight?" I asked my New York accent more potent.

She lifted her head from my chest looking at me confused.

"Yeah, I heard that shit too, mi nuh know why it come out suh strong just now" I said with a chuckle.

"The accent was kinda sexy you should use it more often" she said smiling at me making me smile also.

Swear her smile contagious.

"A nuh that we a talk bout still, you gov?" I said repeating while holding her face in my hand so she could look at me.

"I don't know I'm kinda scared to be honest" she told me her smile disappearing into a frown.

"Yuh nuh have nothing to fraid a mi nah mek nothing happen tuh yuh" I reassured her.

"I know that but" I cut her off by kissing her.

She a tell me bout but fah ?

"Wah mi just seh?"

"Yuh nah mek nothing happen tuh mi" she mumbled against my lips shyly

"Exactly... I got you baby stop worry yuh self."

Taking her bag from her shoulder I opened the back seat and placed it there before opening the front passenger door for her to get in.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Madhead's POV

"Why yuh look like yuh bout fi shit up yuh self" I looked over at Shana as we drove out from campus.

Neva really have nuh reason fi come up here cause mi know shoota could come handle it by him self but mi did waah see her suh a win is a win.

"Wah unno duh wid her" she asked looking genuinely concerned.

"Nuh know wah yah talk bout b" I said

"Daniel just stop wid the foolishness nuh mi just wah know" said continued

"As mi seh Shana mi nuh know wah yah talk bout and even if mi did know yuh really feel like that a sum'p fi discuss right here right now ina public?"

"Sorry" she mumbled before turning and looking out the window.

All mi know she betta nuh start cry cause mi might laugh.

Mi nuh tek nothing inna life serious and evebody suppose to know that by now

"A nuh nothing fi yuh sorry bout b a just time and place fi everything yuh see mah seh."

Her phone rang before she could respond to me, she answered it putting it on speaker.

"Banana?" moya's voice came came through the speaker of the phone.

"Moy" she answered.

"Weh Daniel?"