Hurting people hurt people

January 5, 2024
📍 warehouses 

Jess's POV

I never expected my life to turn out like this.

Wah mi duh fi deserve all a this.

*Really girl*

"Wish dem woulda just kill mi and done" I mumbled to myself.

I've been locked in this basement for 4 days now, no food just water and barley any of that.

Dem just a give mi enough fi mek sure mi stay alive.

I haven't seen Moya or Shan since the last time everybody was here.

Know dem hate mi but I wish they would just give me a chance to explain.

Swear it woulda Mek sense to everybody

The door to the basement opened pulling me from my thoughts and I looked up at it weakly

Maybe them finally come fi finish the job

I watch as the door slowly closed behind the person and they walked towards me

Upon reaching me I realized that it was taj.

He pulled a chair that was close by and sat down just staring at me.

"Waah know wah the saddest part bout all a this" he spoke after a brief moment of silence.

I looked up at his but chose not to answer.

"Man did really love yuh dawg wid all mi heart. Did plan fi all but a ring tpc" he chuckled while saying.

"Anything Jess want Jess get and a this yuh come duh mi and fi wah all now mi cya see the reasoning behind it.

I wanted to speak but couldn't seem to find the words.

My motive behind doing what I did was simply hurt.

Hurt that I simply couldn't let go.

Flashback

"Moya babes yuh afi eat yuh will dead from hunger enuh" I said to my bestfriend trying to spoon feed her some soup.

Her dad passed away a few days ago and ever since then it's been like this failed attempt from Shana and I to get her to do anything at all

No eating

No bathing

Barley any sleeping

She just lay dung inna the bed a cry nonstop.

"I'm not hungry" she said slightly shoving the spoon away from her face.

"Moy" I said but barely got her name out before she snapped at me.

"Yuh def she mi nuh hungry" she screamed at me taking me by surprise.

See true mi know she a guh through a lot right now mah Mek that slide.

"Ago check pon mum" I said to Shana handing her the soup and walking out.

Having to pass Tajay's room to get to the living room where her mother was, I decided to check on him first.

He had been ignoring everyone including me, I just wanted to be there for him and make sure he was okay, but I understand why he was doing what he was doing.

Everybody a hurt right now

Killa was a father to all of us kids in the community.

Him always Mek sure she we good especially if you were close to his kids.