Dark to light

December 2022
Family house
Moya's POV

"The concept of time just doesn't apply when it comes to you two right" Yaya said as soon as we walked through the door.

It was now two pm and we were just getting to the family house to spend Christmas together. This was my first Christmas not being spent with my own family and it was bittersweet. Of course, I was excited about spending the holidays with him and his family but at the same time I really missed mine.

"We over slept babes I'm sorry" I said walking up to her and giving her a hug.

Afi try friend her up.

"Yeah yeah go put your stuff down and come wi ago inna the kitchen" she brushed me off walking over to her brother giving him a hug before disappearing into the kitchen.

"Where mi must put this" I asked Damani referring to the overnight I was holding in my hand.

"Come put it pon mi head babes."

I gave him a blank stare cause mi nuh know what him feel like him a comedian

"Nuh must inna the room them ago Moya" he said laughing.

That's all the big Farrid bowy did afi seh.

Not bothering to answer him I climbed the stairs making my way to his room placing the bag down then making my way back down to the kitchen.

"Good afternoon" I greeted once I entered the kitchen gaining everyone's attention. There were a lot more people than I expected to be here. He did warn me that he had a big family.

"Unno finally reach baby, mi think the dutty bowy did convince yuh fi nuh bother come" I mom said walking over to me and giving me hug.

We officially met two weeks ago when I got back from New York. It wasn't the ideal meeting situation due to the fact we were all grieving, so she invited me to Christmas dinner to get to know each other better.

"Mi wouldn't mek him duh that man we just over slept" I said

"Oh true me know how him stay, come mek mi introduce yuh to everybody."

She walked around introducing me to everyone a few of his aunts, cousins and some of her friends

"Where can I help" I asked miss Alicia once the meet and greet was over.

"You can help Aeyana and the other girls finish prepping the vegetables" I nodded and when to the sink and wash my hands then made my way to where they were seated taking the empty seat next to Yaya I helped her peel the carrot she had in front of her.

Miss Alecia and the other ladies went into the living room to cool off since they had been cooking all day, leaving just four of us to finish the task.

"Suh a you a Damani girlfriend" one of his cousins asks after a while

*Then she slow..... we nuh just duh meet and greet*

"Nuh that mommy just seh when she come introduce her tuh unno Krissy" Yaya answered her for me before I got a chance to.

"Jesus nuh nyam mi, mi just did a try mek conversation wid the girl" Krissy said holding he hand up in defense

"If your trying make conversation ask sum'p weh mek sense" Yaya said.

"Nuh know how she a claim girlfriend title to mi man and a last week me and him f*ck" Krissy's friend beside her mumble and they both laughed.

I looked at them and chuckled before speaking " it obvious seh yuh want mi attention suh mek mi give it to yuh babes" I said smiling at her.