Broad daylight

Moya's POV

November 2023

Trelawny

2 days later

"MI cya keep on a lie to mommy taj yuh nuh feel she ago get suspicious" I said to him handing him pain killers and a bottle of water.

"mum good" he said

Thats all hes been saying since we got to the Airbnb Saturday night.

Other than apologizing every five seconds, he blames himself for what happened or what almost happened.

Mi keep on a tell him mi alright but he doesnt believes me

He keeps stressing the fact that mi could a lose mi three points because a him but hes the one that got shot so I dont understand the man literally have a bullet wound and mi not even have a scratch but hes worried about me

Grandma always she nearly neva kill nuh body

Despite my protest He refuses to eat, and he hardly sleeps.

flashback

I kept my eyes closed while lying on the floor hoping that somehow me not seeing what was going on would mean its not actually happening.

*Girl open yuh yeye dem and run roll under the car Supm*

Mi cya move.

*Alright stay deh and mek nuh shot ketch we and see*

The men turned around firing back in the direction the bullets were coming from in an attempted to defend themselves.

So a who else out here a buss gun

Taj took this opportunity to pull me up from the ground and ran to the other side of the car. He opened the back door and shoved me in and told me to lay down and not get up.

He pulled his run from his waist and checked it before he closed the door.

Another round of shots rang out and the sound of people running and screaming was heard from all over.

Big big shoot out in a broad daylight mighty God

I said a quick prayer asking God to protect my brother.

Because if nothing do him mi nuh know wah mi woulda do.

A shot flew through the back window and lodged in the head rest of the driver's seat.

I screamed in fright and started to cry

*Hey gyal stop the noise and mid yuh mek them find wi*

Out of nowhere the car door swung open which made me scream and cry even louder kicking my feet like a child.

"Come on we afi move before Babylon reach" the person said

Wait deh cause it look like mi nah see right.

I used my shirt to wipe away the tears from my eyes before looking at the person again.

"B come nuh man" the person said again.

Wah Damani a do here so

How him even reach here so

"Cho r*ss man moya" he said scooping me up from the floor of the car before putting me down outside

He went to the front of the car and opened the glove compartment looking for something.