Time Apart Time (Kind of)

'Why is it such a surprise?' he questions slightly offended before gasping knowingly, looking at his ex-boyfriend with a pointed look. 'Is it because I'm not that smart? How dare you?!'

Karma lets out a small laugh at his ex boyfriend's dramatic response. 'No...yes?' he responds hesitantly making the other huff. 'However, you also don't look like him at all.' Karma says while gesturing to his face.

Both of them are walking together to the school campus. M/n didn't miss walking up that hill at all, however, Karma's presence made it slightly better. 'I guess I can see your point.' he shrugs. 'I've always looked more like my mom.'

M/n wraps his arms around himself when a cold wind hits his body. 'I have no idea.' Karma says unbothered by the cold, it made M/n look at him like he was crazy. 'Last time I saw your mom was like half a year ago.'

M/n deadpans. 'Oh, so you don't remember her face?'

Karma shakes his head, putting his hands in his pockets to keep them warm. 'But that's totally your fault.' he accused.

'What?!' M/n exclaims flabbergasted. 'How is that my fault?'

Karma exhales deeply, watching the smoke-like air leave his mouth. 'Well, M/n, you barely ever let me stay in a room with her for longer than one minute...' Karma says, which is true. M/n never wanted to involve Karma in his family drama for both their sakes.

M/n crosses his arms and pouts. 'Sorry about that. I didn't want you to find out, because of dad, you know?' he says quietly, making Karma look at him from the corner of his eyes. M/n looks around uncomfortably. 'My dad is a real...monster.'

The redhead nods slowly. 'It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if those stupid rumors didn't come out.' Karma says but quickly shrugs it off making M/n look down.

'And if you wouldn't have been that stupid to believe some stupid high school girls over your even more stupid boyfriend...' M/n adds with a scowl while glaring at the ground. Karma didn't say anything making M/n's glare morph into a frown. He sighs. 'I'm sorry.'

Karma shakes his head. 'It's fine.' he says and stops walking when they arrive just at the top, the building ahead of them. 'Besides you're not stupid.' he turns to face his ex, M/n doing the same. 'I was the stupid one. I'm sorry.'

M/n couldn't help but grin and nudge the other with his shoulder. 'The Karma Akabane apologizing?! Woah, I must be pretty special.' he says teasingly making the redhead slightly flustered. He mutters a 'Shut up.' before going ahead of him inside.

M/n chuckles and runs over to his side. 'Is that a red Karma I see?' he teases again and Karma simply ignores him before walking in, his ex-boyfriend following right after.

M/n couldn't be happier that his first class was Home Ec. When he and Karma walked into the classroom he was waved over by Rio, who as soon as he arrived by their little kitchen began babbling word after word.

'M/n! You won't believe who I am partnered with!' she cries dramatically making M/n furrow his eyebrows confused and Karma smirk at her desperation.

'Wait... You can't choose your partner?' M/n asks with a groan and Rio shakes her head.

'No, but that's not the worst.' she whispers with a whine. M/n motions her to go on and the girl gives him a knowing look. 'I'm partnered with you know who.'

M/n's eyes widen and Karma raises an eyebrow. 'Who?' he questions. M/n knows who she meant. Honestly, he always thought that Rio had a crush on Kanzaki but the girl told him otherwise some weeks ago.

He was surprised by the news however even more surprised about who really her crush was. M/n was about to open his mouth but he was interrupted by a certain octopus.