<22

Garrance! Shocker!! Pfff -S

"Do you think... we'll always be together?" He had asked me. It was a cold spring morning as we began our route to school. I was barely fifteen, before I started to worry about girls. Zane and Vlyad always walked as far as they could from us. I never understood why. Laurence's words sink in, deep into my chest binding themselves to my bones. "Why wouldn't we be? You're my best friend." I elbow him and he chuckles. "You're right I just- you're the only friend I don't get to see every day because of the class changes."

"Don't worry Laur, school won't get in the way of us. It never has dude."

He stopped calling me after the news of the disaster got out. Freak meator strike, they claimed. It kills me that I know what happened. That I was a part of why they died. The scars and bruises still haven't gone away. Nana still hasn't woken up, Zane can't remember.

He doesn't know that I've been turned into a werewolf, not yet. Will he still want to be friends after how much I've changed? Watch my friends all die, helping in a few other's demise? I'm lost in thought as I pull my keys from my pocket. Someone had a similar striped sweater on and my thoughts barreled into a straight path of him.

Signing papers to me the next in line for Ro'Meave Inc. is something I had always dreaded doing. Now that he's disappeared and mummy is recovering, the family lawyers insisted I sign. I am the eldest son of a cutthroat businessman man, hours of schooling dedicated to this bought his love. The company run multiple factories all throughout the Ru'an and Tu'La regions, my father was working on branching out even further.

I reach the car port and notice that the outside light has been turned on. I have been living here by myself, Katelyn was the only one who returned with me. She doesn't have a key to my house though, only two other people do. I slowly open the door and look into the living room. On the previously unused couch sits the one brunette that has always haunted my dreams. Not even my dreams, endless hours on end worrying about how he'll look at me.

His light eyes swell with tears as he stands. His hair is that golden brown, now longer and flowing down his back. He's wrapped in an old flannel I recognize, "when did you get that?" Are the first words out of my mouth. I want to bite my tongue and never speak again. His chin quivers but he chuckles, wrapping his tan arms around me. Hot tears stain my shirt but I couldn't care, he's back. He's home.

"When you stopped answering your phone- I thought you died." He whispers, I can feel his slender hands gripping my jacket. No words escape my chapped lips but I squeeze him tighter. "I- I grabbed a flannel a couple months ago- when I first lost contact-" his broken chuckle is back as we peel away from one another.

We're close enough that I can see every long eyelash that graces his beautiful face. The scar just above his lip that he got from shaving for the first time. His bright smile, I wipe his tears. "I missed you so much Laur- so much." Tumbles and I'm wanting to rip my tongue out once again. I feel the blush burning on my face and his at my whine. "You're different..." it's soft and un-accusing. I lace my fingers with his to stop him from touching my new ears.

"A lot happened..." I admit and his soft smile has me melting. His free hand traces the new scars along my jaw and neck, a sadness clouds in his gorgeous eyes. Gorgeous? He's my best friend... the one I've spilled every single secret I have to. Except for starlight. I've never thought of him as beautiful before, this new Garroth though? He's entranced.

I don't say anything, I just lean forward and take a leap. His lips crash on mine and his hands trail down to my hips. Sparks ignite under my skin as his fingers dance on my skin. It's enough to leave me breathless. I cup his jaw and break away, I keep my eyes on his. The flecks of clouded grey are so visible, you can see the storms washing over him. "A lot has happened." He repeats, seeming to confirm it for himself. We stand there, staring into each other's eyes. We're swaying and I'm enjoying his touch.