<24

Pretty much unfinished but imma still post it 🫶- S

Shadow Knight Garroth?

"Chain him up over here. This cell will work for the newest member of our army. A prize of Lady Irene's, isn't he?"

I don't know how I ended up here, but I know I am in the nether. Plucked from the endless void just to be a puppet for The Shadow Lord. His words pull at my brain just as much as I pull on the restraints that bind me to this wall. At first I thought the bloodstains on the walls were someone else's, but I remember the horrid initiation.

Being pulled apart just to put back together a shell of who you are. Is this how he felt? Locked in an endless cycle of torture and darkness. Coughing up what feels like blood but is more than tar like.

"Heir to the Oh'Khasis throne, displayed and humiliated. I wonder how your brother's felt? The last surge of that relic's energy shattered with your mortal form. Oh the villages I would burn just to have seen it." I recognize Gene's voice after the numerous torture sessions. He's taken up the hobby of spying on what I had left, relaying heartbreaking information just to see if he can get a rise out of me.

The spiteful creature in front of me has had a certain hatred for me since I'd met him. A frequent vagrant  of treasonous actions while in the school. I kept my head down when I escaped, I hadn't heard of him since.

"What about that Laurance? I wonder if he knows you failed?"

The most energy I've had since arriving surges through me and my vision clouds red. His pale features only give a look of satisfaction as he stands, dusting off his armor. "Don't worry little Prince, I'm sure that rat will show his face once he finds out."

"Get a move on, we don't have much time."

The chains snap from my wrists and ankles and I'm lifted off of the ground. I'm focused on the inky blackness that has been the majority of my stay in the nether. It's all been a haze, I don't know if I'll snap out of it. The ever droning cries in the back of my mind aren't necessarily new, only the aggression and pain.