<27

Idk

The sun beats down as I walk through the street, coming to meet my favorite stranger. It doesn't help the harsh wind swiping at my back and my neck.

I first met him on my way to my sister's shop, she asked me to bring her a coffee. It was a cloudy morning and I had just dropped my keys when we bumped into one another.

He caught me by the wrist before I fell and I've been entranced since. I started taking daily walks to talk to him, he leaves the café just as I pass it.

I sit on the metal patio chair and wait, for once I'm early. I'm halfway finished with my cigarette when the door chimes, quickly it's plucked from my hands with a 'tisk.' A blonde werewolf in a big blue wooly sweater plops into the chair in-front of me. "Thought you were going to stop smoking those things..." the smile that brightens his features appears. I can't deny my own surfacing, "old habits are hard."

He gives me a small nod and glances behind me, his eyebrows furrow. "My sister in law wants us to come in." He whispers. I turn and see through the glass a pink haired Mei'fwa waves at me. "Didn't know we were that serious stranger." I joke, standing as he does.

I feel his eyes on me when I step away from our table, so I turn back to him. "My names Garroth." His hand is outstretched and I can't help but notice the paint on his nails, a dark purple. I take it and try to ignore the heat on my face, "Laurence."

"Finally! I didn't get a chance to actually meet you last time you were in the shop!" The bright woman calls, already setting down a steaming cup of coffee. "I told you he's a busy guy Nana!" The blonde waves her off, sitting at a table not too far from the register.

"This is for you! I hope I got your order right!" I've only gotten coffee a total of three times from here, once being for Cadenza. I'm surprised, the man that's normally at the counter isn't here. I thank her and join Garroth at the table. "She and my brother run the shop, so they memorize the regular's stuff." He shrugs, his eyes wondering around the store.

"What do you do, stranger? I've only ever seen you here." I ask and he gives me a half assed smile, a canine revealing itself. "I do odd jobs, sometimes working here. Sometimes not, what about you? I don't see you actually getting coffee often." The blush rises again as the woman behind the counter snickers.

"I get coffee for my sister sometimes, most of the time I'm on my way to work or I'm on my walk." I scratch the back of my neck and give him a smile. It's totally not because I'm enamored by you. Or how you playfully reject my nicotine addiction.

"What is it today, Laurence?" He asks, resting his cheek on his knuckles. Those bright blue eyes staring into my soul. It forces a small chuckle out of me, "just a walk."

His ears perk up and his smile brightens, "may I join you?" He's biting his lip and I can't look away. I can hear the Mei'fwa giggling behind the counter though, it brings me back to earth. I clear my throat and sheepishly nod. "Yeah- I'd- love that." 

We step out onto the sidewalk with a bag of cookies and refilled cups. "I'll be back tomorrow morning Nana!" Garroth calls, waving and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Other than work and bring your sister coffee, what else can you do?" The blonde asks, his breath visible puffs.

"Well- I don't know. I read, and I can paint." My mind wonders to the sketch I started last night. I couldn't get his eyes quite right, or how his hair curls. He smiles as I direct us right, i don't live very far from the café. "How about you blondie? There's got to be more than a coffee maker to you."

We part so I can hit the button to clear the road. "I have two little brothers and a chosen family. They're the best, I know they'd love you!" He says as we run across the cross walk, nearing my and Cadenza's shared apartment.