Chapter 7

3rd Person Pov

"Fuck's sake." Y/N silently groaned as he suddenly woke up. Rubbing his forehead, he looked at the cloak on his night table. "6:30." He said as he got out of his bed rather quickly. Slowly making his way towards the kitchen.

"What was that dream ?" He asked himself, trying to remember the false memories a human brain display during sleep. As he tried to remember, his brain throbbed, making him wince in pain.

"I'm starting to dislike that..." He trailed off. He opened the cabinet at the left of his sink to grab something to eat. His hand fell on a 'Gaufre au Chocolat'. He smiled as he remembered the Gaufres he had eaten when he slept in the Palais. He only hoped that the Gaufre he had bought was good.

He took off the plastic protection surrounding the round form of the Gaufre. Then, he took a bite of it. He found himself pleasantly surprised by the softness.

After taking a bit of time eating his breakfast and drinking a bit of water, he made his way into the bathroom to shower himself.

"Ouch !" He exclaimed as the water came out hotter than expected. He manipulated the water's temperature to be bearable. Once the water wasn't like lava, he put all of his body under the numerous water treads.

While he was cleaning himself, he couldn't help but to think about the dinner with Furina that happened the day before.

He was still surprised that Furina had a more meek, vulnerable state. What surprised him the most was that she showed it to him. He was surprised that he was the one she had chosen to show that side. Y/N felt weird about that.

He managed to play it off during the dinner, but he was worried about his friend. If she had such thoughts, that must meant that she experienced moments that weren't happy, to say the least.

Of course he didn't know about her most and well kept secret, which only two person knew.

One because he saw the real incarnation of the Hydro Archon.

The other because he intruded himself into her deepest memories.

He sighed, not knowing how to act with her now. He wanted to be the one person that Furina could trust. He wanted to be the one that could help Furina.

His desire was a bit selfish, but humans were like that.

"I shouldn't base our friendship on that alone." He said to himself as he finished to shower.

Even if he wanted to be that special friend, he also wanted to be a normal friend. His two contrary ideas were fighting in his head as he brushed his teeth.

After dressing himself, he sighed, not knowing what do to next regarding that event.

"It never happened, I said that to her." He said to himself as he went outside, closing the door and locking it. "Act as if it never happened." He said to himself as he began to walk towards his work place.

Palais Mermoria.

The second most important location in Fontaine, behind the Opera Epiclese in position.

"Good morning, Y/N." Neuvillette greeted Y/N as he entered the Iudex's office. "Good morning, Neuvillette." Y/N said as he looked at the pile of paper on his superior's desk instantly.

"Got any clues ?" Y/N asked, Neuvillette shook his head. "I am afraid to say that I did not find anything." Neuvillette said, slightly annoyed. Which surprised Y/N.

"What's going on ? I can't imagine you annoyed." Y/N said, albeit his words came with a joking tone, he was a bit worried. "Sorry, I know that this case can put you in some sort of trance, but could you examine it ?" Neuvillette asked, tapping the top of the pile.