Seems Like You're Ready (Klay Thompson)

Okay 1989th I know you're ready for this. I've rewritten this like 3 times and changed up then added stuf Jasmine8295, you and I did a good deed in this so we get extra Klay time this weekend.

Abigail wiped the sweat from her forehead as the bass thumped throughout the room. Her hips continued to move to the beat as they did whenever she heard a song she liked. She danced to "All Hands on Deck" by her friend, Tinashe, trying to help her out with some dance routines for her upcoming concert. When she wasn't studying for school, she worked as a choreographer and dance instructor to anyone who needed some help.

She was responsible for the sexy dances in "Dance 4 You", "Body Party" and "Partition" but she also did some work with Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown. At the age of 23, Abi was extremely successful and humble to all. You would think she had it all but she didn't have the one thing she wanted: love.

Sure, she was beautiful and guys approached her on a daily basis. Her brown skin, 5'0 frame, beautiful eyes and amazing figure had guys drooling as she walked past. Not only her physical beauty but her personality and demeanor also made her the perfect catch.

However, the one man she wanted didn't see her as other than a friend. Klay Thompson was 25 years old, sexy as hell and one half of the Splash Brothers. He could have any woman he wanted, they practically threw themselves at him whenever he walked out of the door. Which made her heart ache thinking about the countless women he would encounter and none of them were her.

He would always come back and talk about the girls he was interested in or ask her for tips on romance and "other shit girls liked", those were his words. She was always in the friend zone with him and it seemed like it would never change.

"Did you hear me calling you?" Klay's voice made Abi jump nearly her height in the air. She turned around and saw Klay standing there, in sweats and a muscle shirt. His arms looked delicious and more muscular than she remembered. He only got better with age it appeared.

"No, what are you doing here?" she took a drink of her water and wiped her face on the towel.

"We're having a party tonight to celebrate. Infusion invited the team for a huge party before the parade tomorrow. I just stopped by to make sure you'd be there, I need a wing woman," he winked at her playfully.

She was excited since he wanted her there but at the same time, Abi was saddened by the fact he wanted her to help him find a girlfriend. She wanted to scream how much she loved him but the young woman kept her poker face and nodded at her friend.

"Sure, I'll be there. Is there a dress code?"

"Yeah, something other than the sweats and t-shirts I always see you in." Klay chuckled but some of that was true. In the four years they had known each other, he can't recall seeing her in anything outside of sweat pants and t-shirts. When she did "dress up," it was usually pants with a blouse but nothing too fitted. To be honest, she owned other clothes but barely had time to wear them with her busy schedule.

"Shut up Thompson, I'll be there. I have to finish up some stuff. What time does it start?"

"11, don't be late." He got up to leave and gave her a pat on the back.

"I'll see you there, don't forget to look good tonight," she laughed as he gave her a look.

"I always look good, girl you better act like you know." He did always look good but she wasn't about to admit that to him. He waved and made his way out of her living room. She looked over to clock and saw that it was already 5 PM, she had to start getting ready. If she wanted to look extra sexy tonight, she would have to call some reinforcement.