Dangerously In Love (Willie Cauley-Stein)

-tesfaye- said I should write a one shot for myself, so this is what happens when I sit and think too much. Jasmine8295, you're here too!

_____________________

Erika sat in the middle of her living room, packing the home she called her own for the past four years. It was her first apartment and held so many memories, special moments and it marked her beginnings of a new life. However, she would soon start making new memories with someone else...

"Girl, this box is heavy as hell! Do you really need to take all of these books? It's not like you're going to be reading them anyway!" Abigail Love huffed and blew out a breath as she nearly dropped the box of books on the floor. She tried to sit down but ended up missing the couch and landed on her behind.

"Oh goodness gracious, Abi, stop being so dramatic. Remember what I said earlier? Thou shalt not complaineth," Jasmine Booker smiled to her friend as she brought another box into the living room. She, unlike Abi, was used to the physical labor and moving around.

"And do you remember what I said? Thou can kisseth my ass," Abi shot back at her and Erika nearly toppled over in laughter. Her best friends were hilarious and never failed to make her smile. The three women met during college and remained friends ever since.

"Y'all are too much but I am grateful for the help, I can't believe I'm moving across the country. I don't know a thing about California," Erika sighed as she wiped the thin layer of sweat from her forehead. She sat there, clad in some denim shorts and a Sacramento Kings' t-shirt. She was a true country girl, since her family was born and raised in the backwoods of Virginia. This move would definitely be interesting for her.

"Well think about it, you'll be happy. Plus you'll be closer to us! Well, you'll be closer to me anyway and Abi frequents the west coast when she's covering games out there." Jasmine tried to reassure her friend, who was clearly nervous about moving 3,000 miles away from the only home she's known.

"I know, it's just scary ya know? I mean the move is huge but the way I'm feeling is even scarier. Do y'all realize I'm about to put all of my trust and heart into this man?" Erika glanced down at the diamond and amethyst engagement ring on her finger. Her boyfriend of two years had popped the question a few months ago and had asked if she wanted to move out to Sacramento before the season started.

"There is no way you're having second thoughts! You love him more than anything," Abi looked up at her friend with questioning eyes. She thought about the many hours Erika spent gushing to them about him during their relationship. There was no way in hell she would let Erika's fears get in the way of her happiness.

"No, I'm just scared in general. I mean 50% of marriages don't even last anymore, that's 1 out of 2 marriages! Hell, there's two of y'all in the room right now!" Erika ran her fingers through her hair as she became more distraught. Her left hand was caught in her hair and Jasmine had to help her untangle it.

"Girl, if you don't calm yourself down! I swear I will call your fiancé and tell him to come and get your life in order!" Erika looked at Abi and she knew Mrs. Love was not playing. Abi held her phone up to her ear as she waited for the man to pick up.

"Abi?!!? NO!!" It was too late, he had already answered her.

"Hey pipsqueak, what's up?" Abi rolled her eyes at his nickname for her.

"Just because you're eight feet tall, it does not give you the right to pick on my height you overgrown giraffe," Abi bit back a smile as she heard him chuckle over the phone. Abi and Jasmine had grown quite fond of the man who captured the heart of their best friend.