𝙎𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 (2)

"-Still, Douma-dono, I don't understand why Muzan-sama has summoned the Upper Moons together again tonight

"-Still, Douma-dono, I don't understand why Muzan-sama has summoned the Upper Moons together again tonight. We already know about the boy with the Hanafuda earrings, his demon sister, and the dissolution of the Lower Ranks. Is this really the reason to gather us here to officially announce it..." the Upper Five said to the tall, blond man across from him, who crossed his arms over his blood red turtleneck.

Douma tapped his lips lightly with his finger, and exhaled
"-Uh... Gyokko-dono, I actually have a few o..." he began, crossing his arms over his chest.

But suddenly, he was interrupted by a deep voice from somewhere to the side.

A long-haired man with six eyes was walking toward them, his hand on his katana, his irises saying

"Upper One"

"-No, Gyokko. The reason for Upper Moon meeting cannot be that simple. Lord would never waste his time on something like this." he said, looking off into the distance.

"-He definitely had a much more important reason."

"-You're right, Kokushibo-sama. The last time we were all gathered was when the Upper Moons Six were appointed to their rank. And that was 113 years ago, no more, no less. Oh, I don't like this number, I don't like it..." a short man nearby wailed in a pitiful voice, counting the fingers on his own hands, whimpering, the name engraved in his eyes

"Upper Four"

A shallow sigh was heard nearby.

The white-haired girl in high sandals strode toward the pile, clicking her tongue

"-Well, what do you think the reason is, Kokushibo-dono?"

The long-haired man continued to stare into the distance of the Infinite Castle as he spoke

"-Actually, Daki, I do have some speculation, but..."

Suddenly, the sound of biwa sounded sharply, and everyone turned to hear the soft voice of a black-haired girl with bangs nearby

"-Muzan-sama has arrived."

Immediately all the Upper Moons fell to the floor, bowing low.

A few moments later, the intimidating aura of a man standing nearby, rummaging through the papers in large table, spread throughout the Infinite Castle.

"-Greetings. You may raise your heads."

Immediately, all of the Upper Ranks obeyed, and raised their heads from the ground, standing to their feet.

"-I heard your conversation, and I will answer your question. But only because I was going to do it myself." he said calmly, turning to the bookcase and looking for something.

"-Really? How wonderful, Muzan-sama. In that case, why did you decide to summon the Upper Moons today so unexpectedly?"
smiled Douma to the black-haired man not far away from him.

Kibutsuji stared at the same shelf for a few more seconds, leaving the Infinite Castle in such silence that only their own breathing could be heard by all of the Upper Moons

Breath in... Breath out... Breath in...

Suddenly he pulled a book from the shelf and picked it up.

He looked closely at the cover, his red eyes sparkling as he extended his hand toward the Upper Moons, looking at the book

"-Kokushibo, do you remember this notebook?" he said, his deep voice echoing through the Infinite Castle.

Again, there was complete silence for a few seconds.

Akaza turned his yellow eyes to the Upper Moon One standing nearby.

His gaze was directed at the notebook Kibutsuji was holding.

"-Yes, Muzan-sama. Of course I remember that."

Daki turned her eyes toward him, crossingher arms on her chest

"-Kokushibo-dono,  what is this notebook?"

"-Once upon a time, years ago..." the long-haired man began in his deep voice
"-Muzan-sama asked me to write a book for him on all the basic principles and styles of the Breathing of Moon." Kokushibo said, putting his hand back on his blade in sheath.

Daki turned her gaze to the notebook Kibutsuji was holding, examining it carefully.

"-I didn't hesitate to do it the best way I could. The book was quite thick, but it contained everything I needed. I gave it to Muzan-sama, but I never asked him why he needed it."

Lean man with a hoarse voice spoke up nearby, scratching his head with his sickle

"-Muzan-sama, do you have a student?"

Kibutsuji opened the book and began to flip through the pages

"-No, Gyutaro. I have the daughter."

The Upper Moons felt their eyes widen as they heard these words.

"- A daughter?"

"-I understood, Muzan-sama." Kokushibo replied calmly, still staring off into the distance.

"-My my! So you've gathered us here today to introduce her to us? How great!" chuckled Douma, waving his face with a fan.

"-And then what's her favorite game? Favourite sweet? Does she like fairy tales about..." he spoke, folding his hands together against his cheek.

But Muzan interrupted him in mid-sentence

"-She's not a child, Douma. She's 121 years old, including her human life."

Upper Six smiled, crossing her arms over her chest

"-Hm! Almost like me! I think we'll get along." she said, squinting, already thinking of things to do with her in the mind.

Douma snapped his fingers

"-Oh, I see, Muzan-sama. Well, that's even more exciting! I can't wait to meet her!"

But then Kibutsuji cut him off again

"-Before that, I have an important announcement to make. I know that Y/n is a quite fairly calm for a demon being, so she won't ask you to do this, but I want you to know that you should respect her as good as me, unless you want to deal with consequences."

"-Each of you will address her 'Sama' unless she asks you to do otherwise. When you see her, bow down." Muzan said, placing the book on the table.

"-If there is any danger when you are with Y/n, think of Y/n first, and then of yourself."

Kibutsuji closed the book, and looked up at the Upper Ranks as he closed the book

"-I think I've told you everything I wanted to. Now, meet your demon princess." he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

The black-haired girl with the biva nodded, and instantly came short strumming along the silence of Infinite Castle.

Upper Moon Three— Akaza scoffed slightly, and turned his gaze away, looking at the pattern on the shoji door nearby.

He was better off looking at that floral pattern. What was it, a magnolia, a hibiscus?

But suddenly, his eyes widened when he heard a soft voice nearby

"-Greetings, father. And good evening to you all!"