𝙁𝙪𝙩𝙤𝙣 (8)

Finally, Akaza began to slow down as he walked, his bare feet rustling in the grass

"-Is this it?" he asked softly, looking at the small two-story Japanese house. 

Y/n finally stood up from his arms and nodded with a yawn.

She moved toward the house and beckoned Akaza to follow her.

He remained motionless for a few seconds, considering her gesture.

But then he quickly caught up with her, following her.

Y/n walked to the shoji door, and opened the house. Akaza followed her in.

His eyes immediately saw a beautiful and neat, though small, house: everything was in its place, lying neatly and tidily, and furnished with good taste. It was obvious that the owner took good care of it.

"-How come lord didn't make you a huge mansion?" said Akaza, looking at shoji door with a painting of a plum tree in bloom as they walked down the hall.

"-I asked him that. If the house was too big, it would be hard to clean that, wouldn't that? " Y/n replied, now turning the corner and starting to climb the small staircase.
"-I'm still a Hashira, I have a lot of work to do. Unless I want to be found out."
Y/n smiled as she turned back to Akaza.

Akaza's eyes widened slightly as he blinked, his pink lashes fluttering as he returned his gaze to Y/n's crimson red ones

"-By yourself? I thought you had at least ten servants doing this."

Y/n burst out laughing softly as she opened the shoji door to her bedroom.  

"-Nope." Y/n smiled, throwing off her y/c haori with f/c patterns.
"-This is a house I can take care of on my own."

She looked out the slightly shoji window, watching the moon, and reached to undo the second button of her dark demon slayer uniform, when she remembered that Akaza was still in the room. 

She quickly turned her eyes to him, and saw that he had turned his head away, his cheeks slightly flushed.

"-Oh, Akaza, turn around for a minute, okay?" she smiled awkwardly.

Instantly, Akaza quickly turned to the other side, and with his arms crossed, stared at the floor as his cheeks continued to burn, no longer visible to Y/n.

Y/n exhaled, and continued to undo the buttons. 

After a few minutes, she changed into a loose y/c kimono, and walked over to Akaza, tapping her finger on his shoulder, making him jolt.

"-Akaza~..." Y/n called in his ear.
"-You may look now, I've changed. Thank you."

Upper Three turned to Y/n, and raised his eyebrows slightly in surprise

"-I thought you'd want me to leave already. I mean, you're tired. Aren't you?"

"-Well, it should be, but..." she took a deep breath and then looked up into Akaza's eyes again
"-Can you stay here tonight?"

Akaza's eyes widened slightly at her words as he looked at her questioningly, tilting his head to the side

"-Stay here?"

Y/n smiled as she looked off to the side
"-Akaza, could you stay with me for the rest of the night tonight? Please..."

Akaza felt his heart begin to race slightly as he opened his mouth, but no words came out.

"-That doesn't mean you have to lie next to me, just sit." asked Y/n, fiddling with the obi of her loose kimono.
"-Just stay near."

Suddenly, Akaza felt his heart nearly leap out of his chest as Y/n stood on her tiptoes, reaching for his ear.

"-To be honest, I'm afraid that the Wind Hashira tracked us down after all."

Y/n pulled away from Akaza, looking up at him with her crimson red eyes as his face started to blush.

"-All right, Y/n, if you ask."

Y/n smiled, and wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him in hug, as his face became pink

"-Thank you, Akaza-dono!"

______________________________

The sky was slowly beginning to lighten, and the night was fading away as Akaza sat next to Y/n, gazing at her sleeping figure.

Her chest rose and fell rhythmically as her hair glistened as it sprawled across the pillow and futon, still slightly illuminated by the moon.

And though Upper Moon Three knew he had a thousand and one things to do, he still sat beside Y/n, waiting patiently for her to wake up.

Before he knew it, a subtle smile played on his face as Y/n suddenly stirred in her sleep, changing her position to a more comfortable one.

But then, his lips parted slightly as he felt Y/n turn over on his side, muttering something in her half-sleep, wrapping her arms around his wrist and pulling him closer to her.

His cheeks began to pulse slightly as Y/n moved even closer, and her breathing became steady again within seconds as she fell back into a deep sleep.

And her breathing was so soothing, and her hold so reassuring, that Akaza could think of nothing better than to stay still until she woke up. 

Besides, Y/n had asked for it.

So Upper Three just stayed still, calming himself with deep breathing, and didn't realize that he had fallen asleep a short time later, resting his head against the wall behind him, painted in beautiful floral patterns.

Thank you for reading this chapter!
If you enjoyed it leave a vote or comment, as it means world to me!
Sending love to you all, stay safe!