𝙇𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙨 (9)

(Y/n's POV:)

(Y/n's POV:)

It was already evening as I looked down the shoji window with my elbows on the window and my hands on my face, looking out at the nighttime Yoshiwara. It was shining with bright red lights, while Daki stood behind me and braided my hair into a pretty hairstyle with beautiful hairpins.

Suddenly, I gasped silently, and reached closer to the window, tilting my head

"-Daki-san, look! There's Oiran with escort!" I pointed my finger at the window, really admiring the sight.

Gorgeous woman was walking in a beautiful outfit with high sandals, she was calm and rhythmic with every step, as she smiled, looking forward.

Ahead of her were people leading her, behind her were escorts, and on the sides of the street was a crowd of people who were fascinated by the graceful beauty.

Daki snorted, and took my head in another way, holding my hair with her other hand

"-Don't move, Y/n-san. If you do, your hair won't work." she threw a quick glance at the sight outside
"-We have this here almost every night. Besides, I know her. That's Koinatsu from Tokito." said Upper Moon Six as she put in the last hairpin and let go of my hair.

I turned to her.
"-You know her? You're friends?" Y/n smiled, raising one eyebrow up.

Daki looked up, making a half circle with her rich green eyes
"-Well, I wouldn't call it friendship exactly, but...we know each other well. That's all, Y/n, you can get up."

I walked closer to Daki and turned my back on her.

"-Tie my obi up, please."

She turned her gaze to me, and she brought her hands to my obi belt
"-Okay, Y/n-san. Just this time, don't twitch, okay?"

I nodded, and Daki began to redo my obi belt, carefully untying the soft, flowing fabric.

And then I remembered something, and I wanted to ask her about it immediately

"-By the way, a week ago, the Lower Moon One was sent by his father to kill a Hashira and the boy with hanafuda earrings. Yesterday night, I heard that they finally took the bait, and they were on their way to that place. Do you think Lowe One succeeded? "

Daki waggled her eyebrows as she carefully tied the cloth.
"-Hm. The Lower One? I've seen him a few times at the meeting. Let's hope he did a good job on his assignment." she chuckled, and finally let go of my obi.

"-Go to the mirror and see how it turned out."

______________________________
(No one's POV:)

"-Here's your order! Enjoy!" the old man bowed slightly as he placed two plates of mochi on the table.
"-Warabihime Oiran, how nice to see the best of the best Oiran in all of Yoshiwara here in our humble cafe."

Daki smiled gently and politely nodded.
"-You are welcome. You really do have a very cute cafe."

"-Thank you very much. And who's that with you, Warabihime-san?" the man looked at Y/n, who was sitting next to Daki, smiling.

She turned her gaze to me, and suddenly, she hugged me, turning her gaze back to the man

"-This is my dear little sister, Hakurenhime." she said gently, brushing my hair away from my forehead with her hand.
"-She came to see me today. Isn't she beautiful?"

The old man looked at me and smiled.
"-Yes, she is. So cute, just look at you." he suddenly looked closer.
"-You have very unique eyes, Hakurenhime. I've never seen eyes so crimson red."

(No one's POV:)

Suddenly, a cool breeze blew in from nowhere as the old man felt an intimidating aura around him.

His eyes were frozen in one place as his hands continued to clutch the tray he had just brought two plates of mochi on.

A tall man with curly black hair pinned back and his eyes glowing the same red color entered the small café.

The seller's heart skipped a beat, and small drops of sweat began to appear on his forehead, even though he didn't understand what was happening.

The man's aura was so intimidating to him that the one in front of him, who had barely done anything but walk into his small dango mochi cafe, felt like his biggest threat.

"-Good evening." the black-haired man said calmly, looking the mochi maker in the eye, and taking off his hat as he came closer.

All the old man could bring himself to do was nod, and let the crimson red-eyed man pass inside.

"-Hello!" Y/n immediately got up from her seat, and ran to him, locking him in a hug.

Daki stood up and bowed slightly.
"-Greetings, sama."

"-Greetings." Kibutsuji replied, stroking Y/n's head as he slid his hand through her hair.
"-I decided to check on Y/n. Looks like you've been having fun." Muzan turned his gaze back to the old man, who was still staring at him in fright.

"-Warabihime Oiran, do you know this man?" he asked, keeping his eyes on Kibutsuji, who was calmly hugging Y/n, and then lightly kissed her head.

But Muzan immediately spoke up

"-I am her stepfather. And Y/n is my own daughter."

The old man looked back and forth between Daki and Kibutsuji, a look of confusion on his face

"-But isn't her name Hakurenhime?"

Muzan stood motionless for a few seconds, eyebrows raised slightly, before laughing slightly, smiling at the man

"-Oh, I said a different name. That's a bit of a mess. I'm sorry, dear Hakurenhime." he patted Y/n on the head as he turned his gaze back to the man, smiling at him in a friendly manner
"-It seems I've been working a bit too hard today, that I've called my daughter by a different name. I think I need to take a break after work, don't I."

______________________________

Y/n yawned as she and Kibutsuji walked through the Red Light District, slowly approaching the outskirts of the city.

"-So, what case have you taken on today? And why do you need me in it? " she asked, looking off into the distance.

"-Do you remember that time in Asakusa?" he asked Y/n as she turned her gaze to Muzan.

"-Of course I do. So?"

"-Today we have to meet a man not far from that place. I have some business to discuss with him." Muzan said, looking up at the moon above.
"-And you will become a child again and help me with this."   

Thank you for reading this chapter!
If you like it leave a comment as it means world to me!
Sending love to y'all!!!