𝙎𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚 (12)

A man with dark, almost black hair that shone in the sunlight closed the shoji door and  entered spacious room

A man with dark, almost black hair that shone in the sunlight closed the shoji door and entered spacious room.

He walked carefully across it, and sat down on the tatami floor, rustling his haori and laying his blade beside him. He placed his hands on his knees and took a deep breath, and his eyes fell on y/c y/l Hashira, who was sitting nearby, examining the tsuba (traditional Japanese blade guard) of her blade.

Never, Water Hashira thought, had he seen a tsuba that reflected the night sky and the crescent moon. Moreover, it seemed to have been made very carefully and meticulously, with great skill.

He looked away, surveying everyone else in the room. The Insect Pillar, the Love Pillar, the Wind Pillar...

Suddenly he realized that someone was missing.

For a few seconds he stared at a single empty spot on the tatami floor, trying to process the thoughts in his head, but then he took a deep breath as a sudden realization came over him.

Rengoku Kyojuro, Pillar of Flame.

He was now not here.

Naturally, he immediately wondered why, given that he had recently been sent on a rather large mission...

Still, he realized that this could be the fate of anyone who undertakes the task of exterminating demons.

This job carries a lot of risk, even if you are Hashira.

In fact, Tomioka couldn't say that the thought of a possible reason for Hashira's absence from the Flame made him feel sadness, but he could still feel a tightening in his chest as he calmed himself with steady breaths of full concentration.

Finally, he heard two familiar voices

"-Oyakata-sama is here."

Immediately, the black-haired man bowed, his head touching the tatami floor, and Ubuyashiki Kagaya entered the room.

He slowly walked to Pillars, and carefully sat down on the tatami floor nearby, two of his daughters surrounding him

"-Good afternoon, Oyakata-sama. "

Tomioka heard y/c y/l Hashira say, as all the pillars raised their heads.

"-Greetings, my children. It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

Kagaya smiled sadly

"-Many of you already know the news from your Kasugai ravens, anyways I think I need to mention it now." he said, taking a deep breath and looking around.
"-A few nights ago, while on a mission of Mugen train, Rengoku Kyojuro was killed in a battle with one of the Upper Ranks of Demons of Twelve Moons."

The Pillar with the hair pinned up in a butterfly hairclip nodded, taking a deep breath, followed by several other Hashira.

At that moment, Tomioka felt the aura in the room change. The smell of sandess and sorrow spread quickly through the room as all the pillars looked at the tatami floor somewhere.