𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨 (6)

(Y/n's POV:)

(Y/n's POV:)

I was walking down the corridor, and I covered my mouth as I yawned.

"-Agh..."

This was the home I had lived in since I joined the demon slayer corps.

It was what my father had told me to do.

He said that if I lived in a human house, I would arouse less suspicion among the demon slayers.

And I didn't mind. I've grown liking this beautiful, though not very big, house on the outskirts of the small mountain village.

It was neat, and tidy, in the traditional Japanese style. I had arranged and decorated it well, so it and its yard looked exact to my likings.

It was early morning outside the shoji door, and I could still be at Douma's temple, but I remembered that today I had to go to the Ubuyashiki estate and get a new assignment.

Yes, to go there in person.

Why didn't Kasugai raven tell me? I was the only one of the Hashira whose trail could not be followed by any crows.

Ubuyashiki Kagaya and his wife, Amane, were puzzled as to why this was so, and sincerely apologized to me for it.

But of course, they did not know that the raven could not follow me because it simply did not recognize my smell as human.

Because, I smiled, I surely wasn't one.

Finally, I stopped at shoji door and opened it, stepping inside.

I immediately went to the window to let in some fresh air and opened it wide.

A nice cool breeze rushed into the room as I breathed in the forest air, closing my eyes.

"-Ahh... Good morning to me." I opened my eyes, letting my hands go from the shoji window and placing them on the table below me.
"-Now, where's my uniform?"

My eyes started to travel around the room, trying to catch a glimpse of the dark brown, almost black demon slayer's uniform, and my y/c haori with f/c patterns.

"-Exactly! I think I put it on the table..." I quickly looked down, looking at what I had my palms on right now.

Suddenly, my eyes rested on something, and I froze.

Yes, there was indeed my uniform on the table, carefully folded, but there was something else next to it.

On the table was lying a very beautiful tsuba (traditional Japanese blade guard), sparkling in the sun.

I picked it up and my eyes widened slightly as I looked at beautiful thing. It was in the shape of a full moon, part of which was royal dark blue, reminiscent of the night sky with stars, and the other was golden light yellow, taking on the shape of a young crescent moon.